Balmy morning ....


11th January 2019 (Friday).... 09.30    I would say that the beach is the
A cosy glow Ferry beach at sunrise rime.
place to be this morning:   there’s hardly any wind, and it’s warm.   It was bright and sunny at sunrise, but we do have clouds moving in from the Northwest.... which means we’ll have ‘sunny spells’ rather that wall to wall sunshine.   Having been to the beach, I’m ready for a shot of caffeine; after which I’ll bumble along for the paper.




20.30     The villages are awfie quiet now;   my own coffee, the new stuff I’m using is Owlbert proof, and tastes braw, but it’s boring without conversation.   I did the ironing, then fell out with some politician on the News Channel:  so went up to Woodhaven car park and walked out to, and plowtered around, the lighthouse.    I even had that to
The cliffs from the lighthouse.
myself.... though I did meet a couple walking their dog when I was on my way back to the car.   It was a lovely day for the lighthouse;  it’s normally breezy out there... something like the harbour.

Back at Ivy I decided that I’d have a late ‘lite bite’ (I’m trying to lose a wee bit of weight) lunch, then go up to Balcarres in the afternoon.   However, the sky clouded over so, instead of going to Balcarres, I washed out the ‘bloo’’ bucket.    That was a rewarding job;  Derek stopped for a blether:  and soon after Derek left, Linda came down the road so I chatted to her for a while.   I’ll wash the ‘green’ bucket next week!    My ‘buckets’ aren’t actually very dirty, but I like to give them a ‘spring clean’.... and in the process attracts conversation!

I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow at all.   The weather forecast is ‘good’ but
Elie kirk tower with Rires Farm (Balcarres) in the background.
it could be breezy.  Balcarres? .... yes I might go up there tomorrow if it isn’t overcast.
My next mission tonight is to begin typing out a list of the ‘stuff’ I’m packing into the case... and the laptop rucksack ... for my trip to ‘Sunny Sussex’.   The plan is to travel as light as possible;  and to include the laptop and the Canon camera in the packing!    I’ll take some clothes with me too.   The case I take isn’t big, and fits in between the seats... it would go on the rack, but I can’t get it up there.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....