Happy ... happy bunny ...


18th January 2019 (Friday) ...   18.00    Eureka!!!!!   I am a happy bunny again;  my internet connection is back.  BT did say it would be fixed by the 18th.    I sincerely apologise to all the Hutte readers who missed their daily fix from the Centre of the Universe!    I must say that I missed doing the Hutte;  it has become the reason for getting ‘up’ in the morning, and I am really really glad to be back  with all my friends.
  
‘The Hutte’ 18 th January ........
14.00     Welll I’ have been busy this morning... so busy that I didn’t have time to go to the ‘Pav’.    My morning began, as they usually do, with stroll along the beach at sunrise.    The wind is from the south, and is cold ... in fact frosty cold;  I had to scrape the car windscreen.
Where did I go in the car?   I went to Leven to buy a new telephone extension kit;   I’m truly fed up of being ‘off line’.    I tried four shops in Leven without success;  I eventually got what I needed in PC World in Kirkcaldy.   It was a wasted journey as the hub is still flashing orange.


19.00    My word I am truly glad that things are back to normal;  one of the most demoralising sights is an orange flashing BT hub.    However I have  been doing things over the past few days;  in fact I wrote the Hutte every day in the hope I’d be able to update it.    Unfortunately I don’t think I can insert the pages in the proper order:  that said, yesterday was the most memorable of the missing days.... when we had Jimmy Birrells', Celebration of Life service in Kinneuchar kirk, followed by interment in Kinneuchar cemetery.    Jimmy, who died aged 92, had lived in Colinsburgh for most of
Jimmy Birrell  Memorial service.
his life.   His coffin was carried from Colinsburgh to Kinneuchar by horse drawn dray.... two Clydesdales doing the pulling.    Jimmy had been an Elder of the former Colinsburgh kirk, a Past Master of Lodge Balcarres; and was ‘weel kent’ all around the local area and  beyond.... and will be sadly missed by his family, and all who knew him.    As expected there was a huge turnout for his Memorial Service.... Kinneuchar Kirk  was choc a bloc for the service.... and many stayed for the cuppa and sandwiches/ sausage rolls, and goodies, in the north and south halls of the kirk, after the service.

  
20.30     WElll .... it has been a bonnie day;   wall to wall sunshine, and I’m fully functional again.    Hmmmm .... it has been cold... and it is going to be colder, with -11c being forecast for the highland glens.    It might even be cold at the Centre of the Universe tomorrow morning;  but I’m going to be on the beach!

Oh yes .... I’m a happy boy again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....