Feeling productive ....


6th January 2019 (Sunday) ... 10.00   I’m feeling excitable this morning...
The Peat Inn to Largo road.
and have the urge to go somewhere.   Unfortunately it’s not a morning for doing that, being overcast, with everything wet after overnight rain.   The weather forecast doesn’t mention ‘sunny spells’ but  our villages are full of ‘sunny spells... and rays of sunshine’;  I’m sure to bump into a few sometime today.   It’s only the sky that’s overcast.   Right now I’m going to have breakfast;  I went back to bed after I looked out first thing (06.00) and didn’t surface until 09.00.



10.30    The sky is breaking up and we have big blue patches;  I’ll go for a walk after ‘morning coffee’ ... by way of a Flat White sachet. 
 
The north side of Largo Law from the Peat Inn road.


14.30    I set off to go up to Tayport Harbour after the morning coffee, but when I got to the top of Ferry Toad and saw the mist and greyness beyond the Balcarres ridge I decided that Tayport was not a good idea.   As I was out in the car anyway, I went up to Largoward then down the Peat Inn to Largo road;   a road I haven’t been on for a while.    It’s a bonnie run, but not really so on a damp, and by this time grey, morning.     The blue patches were short lived;  having been swallowed up, within an hour, by the, seemingly invincible, grey cloud.   I’m back in Ivy, and have been for a couple of hours.   We have heavy Scotch Mist now;   it’s dreich.

20.00    I felt excitable at the beginning of today, but the weather has prevented me from doing anything exciting.   I’d hoped to go for a walk this afternoon;  in fact I
Kinneuchar this morning.
thought of going for a walk round the village half an hour ago, but it’s raining.    I’ll just have to walk tomorrow ... and eat less. 
  
Our ‘News’ is back on the single ‘Brexit’ track so that’s boring:  the only ‘deal’ on offer is the one that Mrs May, our Prime Minister came up with:  that and some vague promises.   The MP’s vote on it (the Deal) next week.

Thankfully it’s going to be windy tomorrow;   the wind should blow the clouds away.... showers and sunny spells would be welcome.   The weather dictates what I do just now so I can’t ‘plan’.   This is not good as my daily life depends on having a ‘plan’.    Keeping to ‘the plan’ doesn’t matter.... but I enjoy making them.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....