Dental appointment ...


8th January 2019 (Tuesday) .... 09.30    We had a  cracker of a sunrise
Elie Bay at sunrise.
this morning .... which has been followed by a clear sky:  yes the beach is the place to be.   Actually there’s wintry feel to the air .... as it should be for this time of year.... but it’s a lovely morning for a walk;   not for visiting a Dental surgery.... but, needs must.
I have a washing out though there isn’t much in the way of a drying wind;  I should have done the washing yesterday.


20.30    The visit to the dentist was painless;  we didn’t need to do anything serious, apart from have the sharp bits smoothed on the bit of tooth that remains, and make an appointment, to have a check up;   and to decide what to do about the space.   
High flying skein of geese.
Chris  was sleeping when  Donald and I went visiting; so I wasn’t able to do the ‘I spy game’ with her.   It’s good to see that Chris is being well looked after;  she is in fact the ‘longest stay’ resident in the care home, having been there for seven years.... but not the oldest.    Very few of the original Staff are still there, but I did speak to Caitlin, Staff Nurse in the nursing Team, and Eric from the Maintenance Team, who are two of the originals.

 I haven’t tasted a Selkirk Bannock since Jimmy died.   Every time Donald came up from the Borders to visit Chris and Jimmy, he would bring a Selkirk Bannock, which Jimmy and I would eat while watching a ‘Hoochter Choochter’ music DVD in the
Late afternoon at Elie Harbour.
evening.    Donald gave me my very own Selkirk Bannock today;   lovely with butter and some raspberry jam.   I wonder if any of it will last long enough to be part of my breakfast tomorrow morning?   Half of it has already.... er .. ‘disappeared’!   
My train ticket arrived this morning;  I will be travelling on the London train, from Kirkcaldy, on Monday the 21st January, at 09.45.   Now I’m in ‘major flap on’ mode;  I thought I was travelling on the Tuesday.    I’ll have a cuppa and another bit of Selkirk bannock..... just to settle my nerves you understand.

It feels quite cold tonight .... ohh ... I know why;   forgot to turn up the central heating.   That’s better... a cuppa, Selkirk bannock, and the central heating all organised.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....