Urban fox ....


22nd January 2019 Tuesday (Sussex) .... 10.00    It is ‘Sunny Sussex’ this
Uckfield kirk tower.
morning... with hardly any wind, and only a few clouds on over the South Downs.  I slept ‘in’ so I am running later than normal;  but I am feeling bright and breezy this morning, and feel like having a walk downtown.... as far as a new Coffee Shop, .only half way down the hill.  

 

21.00    We’ve had a really ‘Sunny Sussex’ morning.... more like a Spring day;  but the weather turned cloudier and colder after lunch.    In the morning I  walked down to the bank, and to have a cuppa in the Luxford Centre;  it was really hot walking back up the hill.   By the time ‘JB’ and I went down to Eastbourne in the afternoon, it was very cold:   but you wouldn’t believe it.... today I saw my first urban fox!   I was sitting in the car and saw, what I thought was a cat, passing behind a car parked at the kerbside.... when the ‘cat’ appeared from behind the car I realised it was a fox.   It was still broad day light, albeit dull, and the last thing I expected to see on Devonshire Place, Eastbourne was a fox.... especially at that time of day.    The fox was not one bit bothered by the traffic.....it calmly waited until a car slowed down to let it bumble its way across the street.    This happened just down from the Cavendish Hotel.... which is on the Eastbourne ‘front’.
Eastbourne late afternoon. (After the fox)

I’m feeling tired tonight and will have an early night in bed with my book.   I probably won’t update the Hutte every day.... but I will try to get it done at least a couple of times a week.... or when something exciting happens.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....