Crisp morning ....


9th January 2019 (Wednesday) ....  08.00    There’s a touch of frost in the
Sunrise time  this morning.   
air, with only a smirr of wind;  the kind of winter morning that makes me feel good.    I’m just about to go to the beach to catch the sun rising over the Lammermuirs (08.40);  that event could be a few minutes late as there’s low cloud on the horizon.
It’s a nice mornin’ for doing things:  I’m going to defrost the freezer.  De-frosting doesn’t take long;  Maggie’s hair dryer does the job in ‘nae time’.


12.00    That’s the freezer defrosted;  I’ll put the stuff back into it in before I go  to the Friendship Lunch.   I de-frost about this time every year....  it’s an easy enough job:  although this is not a defrosting kind of day .... it’s bright, sunny, and perfect for playing outside.    I have been to ‘Ainster’;  actually I set off to  dump  some of the
St Monans War Memorial.
contents of the freezer at the recycle depot .... then remembered that it’s closed on a Wednesday;  so I went to the 'Store' and had a mini shop.  



21.30   The “Friendship Lunch” today brought an added sparkle to what was already a sunny day:  and it was busy, with every table near enough ‘full’.    Soup, sandwiches, cake and a cuppa!    Perfect, and very welcome after a morning defrosting.    Everyone has recovered from the festive season... and happy be getting back into a normal schedule.  
  

As is my practice after the Friendship Lunch', especially  on a bonnie afternoon, I went for a run in the car....  this time to St Monans Auld Kirk, for a change of scenery.    I wasn’t the only one visiting the Auld kirk:   a birdwatcher was browsing the water through his telescope, from a corner among the old gravestones, while another two groups were browsing the gravestones.    Gravestones make interesting reading, especially if you are researching a ‘family tree’.    I came
Quiet corner of St Monans.
back to Ivy by way of .... yep you’ve guessed it ... Balbuthie  Loan and Kinneuchar.



Our weather is going to be ‘more of the same’ tomorrow;  only warmer.   I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow .... apart from a trip to the re-cycling depot in the morning, and the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   The garden could be doing with a tidy up .... I might do a bit of that, ‘cos this is a ‘broon bucket’ week.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....