The auld place is buzzin' ..... ....

30th July 2017 (Sunday) .... 11.00     Wellll ... what an absolute cracker of a morning we’ve had:   I went out on the bike at 07.10, and arrived back in Ivy, at 09.15
Early morning boat trip.
.... hungry, but  contented.    All I did when I was out is ‘do’ the villages, from Chapel Green to Elie Harbour, taking photos from most of my favourite ‘spots’ on the way.   I’ve had my breakfast, and had a quick look at the photographs I  did take:   I’m happy.    Right now, I am going to make another cuppa, then sort out some photos for the ‘Hutte’ and FB.     Enjoy ‘your’ day .... I’m hoping to get out on the bike in the afternoon again .... it looks like there could be some interesting clouds.


"It's the staunin' aroond gettin' yer feet wet that I don't like!
20.30    The ‘interesting clouds’ turned into rain showers, and they s were wetting enough to stop me from going out on the bike this afternoon;  that said they, the showers, haven’t been that many, nor heavy,... just annoying.     Mind you, after the soaking I got last night you’d think a few showers wouldn’t bother me!     Anyway I got loads of photos down at the harbour this morning;   enough to keep me happy for a day or two.    Jimmy went down to the Sailing Club at lunch time, but said that it was ‘quiet’... I think he just missed Gordon and Bruce who had been out sailing.... so he ended up going to Leven to do some shopping.

With the weather being ‘iffy’ I went on to the computer and  found out that “Albatross”
Elie Bay.
(now without oil rig) is moored up in Corpus Christi harbour, presumably awaiting instructions as to what ‘her’ next mission will be .... and where it will be.    “HMS Queen Elizabeth” continues to bumble around the Cromarty Firth testing ‘stuff’;   I’m still hoping that she will come back to the Firth of Forth, so that I can get a decent photo of her.

It looks like tomorrow morning is going to be another quiet one, with ‘nae wind’, so I’ll get out on the bike early again, and do my ‘end to end’ bumble along the villages.   Once again showers are forecast from around midday.


Photographs : Top – It’s a perfect morning for messing about on a boat, , Middle – jet ski launch, and Bottom – Elie Bay.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....