"Albatross" (heavy lifting vessel) leaves the Firth .... ....

8th July 2017 (Saturday) .... 08.00    There was autumnal feel to the air when I was out this morning ....that was at 06.00 right enough .... but we have a lovely
Morning sunlit golf course.
morning here;  “bright and sunny” with a Westerly breeze.   Did we not used to have ‘something’ between Spring and Autumn? .... oh aye .... Summer!   Having said that,  the sun was beginning to feel warm by the time I got back to Ivy.... this could be the start of it .... summer i.e. 


 21.00    I am shattered tonight;   ‘le Tour’ involved much hill climbing this afternoon and it is that ‘wot has tired me oot’;  it’s a good job I only watch it intermittently!    Stage 9 of the Tour is shorter, but with steeper mountains to climb, so I’ll be even more shattered tomorrow night!    Of course it could be weeding the garden that’s weakened me... the ‘broon’ bucket is verging on ‘full’... just enough space left for
"Albatross" leaving the Firth of Forth ... next stop Corpus Christi, Texas.
kitchen waste.   I remember Maggie  buying 6  Alpine Strawberry plants;  now, they are all over the place... I must have hundreds of the things!   The wee berries are tasty but not big enough to be juicy!

We’ve had a lovely day, and the villages are ‘choc- a- bloc’.... real ‘living’ villages.    I’ve been out on the bike twice today... early morning, and evening time:  I had intended biking down to the Sailing Club but the roads are too busy during the day.
The heavy lift vessel “Albatross” left the Firth this evening, loaded with the jack up rig that was towed into the Firth the other day.     “Albatross” is transporting the rig to Corpus Christi in Texas, USA.    The Firth of Forth is a busy place.... tomorrow
Elie kirk tower.
morning we have the ‘Caribbean Princess’ coming in;   I’ll probably see ‘her’ because I plan to be ‘up and out’ early;  she anchors (South Queensferry) at 09.00.     Meanwhile HMS Queen Elizabeth has docked at Invergordon ... and ... the ‘pretty’ Queen Elizabeth docks at Greenock tonight.
Tomorrow is forecast to be cloudier with rain later in the afternoon/ evening.   All my biking/ walking will be done in the morning!
Photographs : Top – Early sunshine of the golf course, Middle – Heavy lift vessel Albatross, loaded and leaving the Firth tonight, and Bottom – Elie Church tower from Chapel Green.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....