Busy day ....

2nd July 2017 (Sunday) .... 11.30    I have been out for a walk, taking advantage of a bright and breezy morning;  there are clouds about and we could get a
Big 'things' at Methil.
few showers later..... but it’s a day for being ‘out and about’.    Initially I went out hoping to see HMS Queen Elizabeth, ‘she’ looked like she was coming into the Firth, is now heading East into the North Sea:   however I did enjoy my  ‘beach/Sea Tangle Road/Chapel Green/ beach’ walk.   The ‘broon’ bucket is empty;  this means I can do some weeding.



20.30  .... the ‘broon’ bucket is nearly ‘full’.... and I am a tired ‘boy’ tonight.    I’ve had a busy day, between weeding, washing the floors .... and, watching Stage 2 of the Tour de France;   all very tiring stuff.   Oh .... and I managed to fir in some athletics from Birmingham.    In between all that, I have been keeping my ‘eye’ on HMS Queen
Elie beach.
Elizabeth, in case she sneaks into the Firth when I’m not looking.    Just now she is on the way down from having been off Aberdeen and looks like coming into the Firth;  but she looked like doing that early this morning, then ‘took orf’ into the North Sea.
The villages are busy with holiday makers, hopefully they will have brought ‘summer’ with them, though it doesn’t look like it yet.  We have had a bonnie, if windy, day here, though it has turned cloudy in the past couple of hours, with the odd spot of rain now and again.

Jimmy wants to go to Leven tomorrow sometime .... he is needing ‘rations’.    He has
Earlsferry beach.
been at Ivy a couple of times today for a cuppa, and down at the Sailing Club in between visits.    “The Galley” (Lorraine’s) at the sailing Club is ‘open' every day over July and August and we will spend a bit of time down there.   Strangely enough it can be hard to get out to the harbour, even on my bike, when the villages are busy;  the road  is a bottle neck, and it can be ridiculous  when streams of vehicles meet.   I rarely take the car down to the harbour in July and August.

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to get ‘up and out’ early;  the weather is forecast to be much the same as we’ve had today, ‘bright and breezy’, .... F3 – 4, from the westerly direction.

Photographs : Top – ‘Big things’ at Methil, Middle – Elie beach, and Bottom – Earlsferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....