Looks, and feels, like summer!

24th July 2017 (Monday) .... 12.00     It’s a gorgeous day for being out;   ‘bright sunny and warm’..... I’ve even had to wear my ‘sun hat’.    The villages are
The 'Ferry Beach' at 07.30.
busy with folk enjoying the balmy morning.     When I was along in ‘Elie I’d ‘planned’ to go to Harbour House for a coffee, but it wasn’t ‘open’, so I wandered down to the beach and poodled my way home that way.

HMS Queen Elizabeth is ‘messing about’ in the Cromarty Firth, after having had some problems fixed when she was in Invergordon.    “Albatross” (with oil rig) must be somewhere near the Bahamas by now but she isn’t coming up on AIS yet so must be too far from land.

With this being a good ‘drying day’ I have a washing on the line, and another ready to go out.    Must go ... mini ‘flap on’ this morning;   I’m beginning to feel ‘peckish’.

20.00    I am having a cuppa as I type this;   a cuppa made from a tea bag that I pilfered from Peterhead Prison Museum.    In the Cafe I picked up two tea bags, thinking that Iain was having tea, but he preferred juice;   so I put the tea bag into my
Earlsferry from the bents.
pocket.   It was an accidental sort of ‘pilfer’;   I have to think of it like that:   otherwise I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight.     Imagine ‘pilfering’ from a prison Museum?     That is naughty!    That said, it has produced a good cuppa .... perhaps I should ..... No! .... definitely not!!  
  
‘The boy’ has been busy today, having done all my holiday washing.   The subsidiary washing line broke so I had to bike up to ‘Appleton’s, in Elie, to buy a new washing line;   when I got back to Ivy I didn’t find the line in the bike pannier.... this created major puzzlement!    I immediately ‘jamp’, on the bike and found the line, lying at the side of the street,
Chapel Green from the rocks.
across from the former bank’.    Obviously I’d been careless (me careless?), and, instead of putting it inside the pannier, I’d stuck it behind one of the straps.    I might have been distracted by speaking to a lassie that was passing at the time.   The washing is dry ... I now have an ironing to do on Wednesday;   rain is forecast for Wednesday.   Tomorrow is forecast to be another bonnie day, but slightly cloudier than today;   West is the place to be for ‘warm’, because we’ll have the cool onshore East wind.


Photographs : Top – The ‘Ferry Beach’ this morning, Middle – Chapel Green from the Elie bents, and, Bottom – Chapel Green from the rocks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....