Beautiful, fresh, morning ....

27th July 2017 (Thursday) .... 08.00     The first thing I noticed when I went out was how ‘brisk’, autumnal the West wind was;   a really nice ‘get up and go’ morning.    I went up to the Pony Field for my morning walk for a change, which,
Earlsferry from the quarry.
being exposed is why I noticed the wind,.... especially when the sun was obscured by the clouds.   Of which there are many:   and, I could see showers over towards Dunfermline way so we might get a few coming our way later in the day.   


20.30    I enjoyed my trip to Leven;  but I didn’t get a haircut because the Hairdresser was booked up with appointments.    I’ll get a haircut next week. 
 After doing some shopping in Leven High Street, I went round to Sainsbury’s, where I got everything on the short list I’d made .... and a lot of stuff that wasn’t.   On the short list i.e..... actually, I nearly did a shopping without buying any ‘rubbage’ .... however, there’s always a few small edibles that catch my eye.... today it was tins of Smoked Mackerel, and chocolate biscuits.

The months of July and August are the two worst months for my being ‘stressed out’ .... because that’s when the parking  is a real lottery.    About the only thing you can guarantee is that you won’t get back into the space you went out of.    Of course it is the same for locals, and visitors alike who don’t have off street parking .... and
Earlsferry beach this evening.
therefore a stressful situation all round;   however you will always find someplace to ‘moor up’ .... eventually.    Anyway I’d been stressed out all morning, so went up to the Sainsbury’s Cafe for a relaxing cuppa.    Nearly everyone will know that one of the best ways to get rid of stress is by chatting;   and, just how lucky was I, when I discovered that  the lady immediately in front of me in the Cafe queue was ..... Monica!    Monica managed to get a table by the window, where I joined her and we chatted.    Where was Alistair?    He was busy working like a slave around the house.    By the time Monica and I went our separate ways, ‘stress’ was just a six letter word .... Monica is a good listener!     I can say that because, when I got back to Ivy I didn’t have to go down to the beach to ‘ambush’ some innocent beach walker for conversation!    Monica  would make a lovely President ... of the Rural perhaps?    I hope Alistair got all his ‘ousewifely deeds done!   Oh ... and I did get the car ‘moored up’ .... and, not far awfie from Ivy.
Earlsferry High Street.

My afternoon was spent filling up the ‘broon’ bucket, and making a chicken Korma for dinner.   This ‘Korma’ was a ‘different’ variety and was spicier than I usually have .... but tasty nonetheless.    I shall drink copious amount of tea over the evening.
Tomorrow’s weather looks like being a repeat of today’s .... but warmer;  and with the chance of showers in the afternoon.    We didn’t catch any showers today... so hopefully it will be the same tomorrow.


Photographs : Top – Earlsferry from the Quarry, Middle and Bottom – The beach and  Ferry High Street this evening.    We did catch the edge of a shower.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....