Er ... not a summer like morning ....

10th July 2017 (Monday) ... 08.30     I’m ‘bothered’ this morning:   I have  lost a rather large, grey, flat-topped boat... last seen on AIS moored at Invergordon!    Probably someone has laid their mug of coffee on top of the AIS ‘button’ and switched
Scotch Mist - St Monans.
it orf!   That said .... this is the kind of day she’d (HMS Queen Elizabeth) sneak back into the Firth.   Meanwhile the “Albatross” (with attached oil rig) is in the English Channel, bumbling along off Hastings.     Having negotiated the ‘skinny’ bit (of the Channel) overnight, the crew are relaxing, in temperatures of around 24c, with a nice westerly breeze to cool them orf.    We are not:     Languishing in sunshine with a cool Westerly breeze i.e. .... on no;  we have a grey day,  a cold North Easterly breeze... and occasional spits and spots o’ rain!   Yep ... it’s summertime!  


 21.00    It hasn’t been a ‘bonnie’ day, but the ‘Scotch Mist’ cleared away, and we ended up with ‘overcast and dry’... and a nice enough evening.    Jimmy band I went along to the ‘Nearly New Shop’ in St Monans;   Jimmy bought ‘big stuff ‘ .... I bought 3 books.    There was a lot of ‘stuff’ to look at .... the Hall, sort of, reminded me of Ivy ...
Rugby coaching - Ferry beach.
only tidier.   Jimmy is going back to St Monans again tomorrow,....  I will go along to Leven to do some shopping.


With this being a rest day (from ‘le Tour)  I have been sorting out my early back up CD’s/DVD’s.    The CD’s are a bit ‘iffy’ ... in the early days (2003 +) I didn’t have a DVD writer in 2003,  so backed up onto CD’s and my current DVD reader is perhaps too ‘modern’ for CD’s.    Nonetheless I am managing to get most of them transferred onto external hard drives... I’ll then back them onto DVD’s.   ‘The Tour’ is ‘on’ again tomorrow with Stage 10 from Periguex to – Bergerac, a distance of 178 kilometres,... with a couple of Grade 4 climbs.   I feel a tiredness coming on already!  
 
The weather forecasters are giving us some ‘short sunny spells’ tomorrow.... I’d better
Bob (on the bike) beetling though Williams-burgh.
look out the sun cream .... and the shorts!    The wind is going to be from the east, so it’s unlikely to be sweltering hot.

Photographs : Top – ‘Scotch Mist’ on the car windscreen ... Station Road St Monans, Middle –  the evening was bonnie enough to have some rugby coaching on the Ferry beach, and, Bottom –  you don’t need to watch the Tour to see fast cycling ... this is Bob beetling his way through Williams-burgh this evening!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....