Wet morning ... lovely afternoon/evening....Shopping .....

11th July 2017 (Tuesday) ....07.30    Oh my word .... we have a drab looking morning;   overcast and wet, with a light rain, but, thankfully, only a light Northeast
Elie pier.
breeze;   a nice morning for shopping ....  and...  having a cuppa in Sainsbury’s Cafe.    However it is to be 'bright and sunny' in the afternoon!
   HMS Queen Elizabeth is not back on AIS yet:   but “Albatross is off Lands End at this moment;   whether I’ll be able to follow ‘her’ across the Atlantic I’m not sure, but I should pick her up when they get across to the other side.   Must go ‘slight flap on’ this morning.... must get the shopping done... I’ve got Stage 10 (Tour) to watch this afternoon.  

 19.00     I really enjoyed sitting in Sainsbury’s cafe watching the rain pelting down this morning .... luckily it was only a heavy shower, and I was able to get to the car in ‘normal rain.    As forecast, the rain did clear away and we ended up with a lovely afternoon and evening.   The shopping expedition was a big success... and I bought a
Elie Bay.
‘new’ type of ‘Creamy Coffee’;   I’ll find out tomorrow morning how ‘good’ it is!

With the afternoon turning out as bonnie as it did I didn’t see much of ‘Stage 10’... I out on the bike;  only as far as the harbour, but there was a lot going on down there so I spent most of the afternoon watching folks  enjoying themselves.   I met a couple, visiting Elie for the day, who came from Wigan.   We ended up talking about Lord Crawford of Balcarres connections with Wigan.    The couple live in what was once one of Haigh Hall Estate lodges.   The ‘Balcarres Family’ used to live in Haigh Hall but were caught for ‘Death Duties’ in a big way and had to sell Haigh Hall (and other estates) to pay them off.

I didn’t go into the sailing Club because Jimmy wasn’t ‘in residence’, and I didn’t like
Local Yacht "Driftwood" in Elie Bay.
to bother Lorraine to let me in.    I spent a good hour down there, talking and taking photographs;   by the time I came away the East wind was becoming stronger.... and colder.    South Street was choc-a-bloc, with cars moored up at both sides, leaving a single lane down the middle.     From now on I’ll only go out on my bike early in the morning.

The scaffolding has been removed from the front of the ‘Elie Deli’ .... it’s good to see it getting back to normal.    When it will be ready to reopen as a shop I don’t now but that can’t be far off.
Photographs :  Top – Elie pier, Middle  and Bottom – the ‘activities’ that the folk at the end of the pier were watching.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....