Gorgeous morning ....

18th July 2017 (Tuesday) ..... 08.30    We have a lovely morning;  bright, sunny and warm .... summer!    There’s very little wind, so I imagine the sea will be flat
Backhill of Inkhorn.
calm;   I  see on the weather cams that the Firth (of Forth) is like a looking glass.    I don’t know what our ‘plan’ is for today but I need to go to JRD’s for some ‘bits and bobs’ .... and.. they have a coffee shop. 


 20.00    Hey ... I could get to like summer again!    Today was like one of those days we had when I was a bairn;  of course  summer was longer than ‘a few sunny days’ way back then;   at least that’s how I remember them.   Our ‘modern’ summers are tantalizing... a few brilliant sunny days... then rain.   Bring back the ‘good old days’.
It has a braw day;  and we went down to Collieston beach/harbour (near Peterhead) to enjoy the weather.    I had been down to “JRD’S” in Ellon, in the morning, and got everything I require bar one item, which I’ll get in B n Q’s.    Anyway back to Collieston:   Collieston was a busy fishing village at one time, but is now a ‘playground’;   as are most of the redundant fishing harbours round the coast of the UK.   I didn’t see a shop .... only a place selling ice cream etc. called the “Smuggler’s Cone”..... a couple of centuries ago smuggling was rife along this coast.... and it
Collieston harbour
wasn’t ice cream they were bringing in.

After we got back from Collieston I had to have ‘50’ .... walking around Collieston is hard work, involving a few short, and sometimes steep, climbs.   On the way home we stopped at Tesco’s.... to buy ice cream!    The ‘Troops’ did the shopping ... I sat in the car, like an auld dog, with the windows wide open.

Tomorrow we have a change of wind direction ... and a change of weather:   back to ‘unsettled’.    Just when I was reminiscing about the summers of yesteryear ... and thinking we might be settling into a warm spell.    I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow;   it all depends on the weather, .... and
Collieston harbour.
what the ‘troops’ fancy doing.

Magpies are recovering from the persecution of the last 150 years or so;   there are two young ones in the garden (“Backhill of Inkhorn”), and the parents have started on a second brood.   Magpies are bonnie enough birds but they ain’t that popular:  i mean naebody eats them!

Photographs : Top - ‘Backhill of Inkhorn’, Middle  and Bottom – Collieston Harbour beach.                       

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....