"Albatross" Heavy lift vessel ....

16th July 2017 (Sunday) .... 07.30    The first thing I noticed when I went out this morning was the air temperature .... it is cauld!    It’s a nice morning, but we
Balcarres House

do have a brisk North-westerly wind bringing an autumnal feel to the air;  however it should warm up when the sun gets going.   I had intended going further on the bike but the cold wind brought on a rapid change of ‘plan’.     I’ll have walk on the beach later.


08.00    “Albatross”(with oil rig) is bumbling along, almost in mid Atlantic.    I searched for, and found her North-west of the Azores... which I why I was able to ‘find’ her... she is ‘in range’ of land masts.   She will be ‘out of range’  again soon, and I won’t be able to pick her up until she reaches the ‘other side’... perhaps off Bermuda. 

20.00     It has been an  absolutely gorgeous day;   sunny and warm... this could be summer!    Balcarres House gardens were open this afternoon;  as part of the ‘Scotland’s Garden’s Scheme’.    I felt in need of some relaxing vibes so ‘cast orf’ the
Alistair and Monica.
car, and, to Balcarres I went.    It was fabulous.   I was still in the car parking area when I met Monica and Alistair .... I knew it was going to be a happy afternoon. I have always regarded Balcarres as my ‘alma mater’  .... it was an amazing place to spend my formative years.


We split up when we got to the ‘Big Hoose’... Monica and Alistair browsed round the Chapel etc;   I went into the gardens, and had an enjoyable time with the camera.   At odd times during the afternoon I bumped into my ‘models’ (Monica and Alistair) in the gardens;   and, in the Tea Room, before leaving.    Patricia was there;   I know this because Monica saw her, and....  I noticed Pat’s car on my way out to the Car park..
As I was leaving the Tea Room I saw Jean (Forgan) speaking to some ‘folk’ in the courtyard:   well would you believe it, one of the blokes in the group was Iain Frazer, who I haven’t seen for many years, and one of the lassies was Isobel Doig(?) , who
Balcarres.
went to school with my brother Alan.   It’s a small world.  

My case is packed;  just got the ‘pills’ to sort out and I’ll be ready to go;  I’m going up to visit the ‘Auchnagatt Troops’,  tomorrow morning.    When I got back from Balcarres, I managed to get ‘moored up’ at the West end of the Ferry High Street;   parking is a lottery at this time of year.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘excellent’... “sunny and warm”;   summer time?
Photographs :  Top –  Balcarres House, Middle – Alistair and Monica, and Bottom – part of the Balcarres House complex.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....