'Elie on the Green' ....

15th July 2017 (Saturday) ....09.00     Hmmmm ....wellll...  the sky is overcast, but it is dry just now;  light rain is mentioned in the weather forecast, but
Aiden declares the Fayre "Open".
most likely towards the West of Fife.    With a bit of luck we might miss any rain.... and

(I’m feeling optimistic) the sun break through by midday;  ‘Elie on The Green’ starts at 13.00.    I’ve had a quick walk, later than usual, on the beach... later than  usual , because, when I looked out at 05.30 the Firth wasn’t like a mill pond.    I’m going to make a flask of tea, and bike up to Chapel Green to have a potter around:   it’s a ‘pottering around’ kind of morning.

09.10     I had to cancel the above Chapel Green 'plan .... it has started to rain.

20.30    The rain relented just in time for the ‘Elie on the Green Fayre Day’, though the sky remained overcast;  however it was dry, and this meant that I could bike along to the ‘Fayre’ to have a ‘potter’ around... which is what I did, arriving at Toll Green at 12.40.... twenty minutes before the ‘Fayre’ was due to be declared ‘Open’ by ‘Prince’ Aiden.   Until then I wandered around, blethered to a few people .... and found the WRI stall.


Monica and Janet.
At 13.00 The ‘Fayre’ was officially ‘opened’ by Aiden, by which time there was a good crowd of people waiting, and ready to ‘go’.    The various stalls were kept busy;   I managed to buy a Gingerbread, and scones,  from Monica and Janet, at the WRI stall, then bought some raffle tickets, and a strawberry ‘kebab’ - with chocolate.    The ‘burger’ stall was popular... burger stalls always are, ... in fact all the stalls were busy.    It’s a pity the weather hadn’t been ‘bright and sunny’ to give it the ‘Elie look’... however, even a grey day couldn’t spoil what was a happy ‘Elie on the Green Fayre day’.    It began to spit rain about 14.00 so I went back to Ivy... and watched the finish of Stage 14 of ‘Le Tour’.... and had a cuppa.    Jimmy arrived at Ivy, looking  for a cuppa, and promptly fell asleep in the chair .... he’s had a busy day.

I might go out for a walk in the evening time,
Jimmy enjoying a burger.
 the sun is making a late 'breakthrough';   before I pack my case for going up to Auchnagatt on Monday morning.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is slightly better .... we should have some ‘bright spells’.   I will do a washing as it looks like being a good drying day.
Photographs : Top – Aiden declaring the Fayre ‘Open’ ( his kilt is of the modern ‘Heartlands’ tartan), Middle – Monica and Janet, and Bottom – Jimmy enjoying a  burger.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....