Albatross arrives at Corpus Christi ....

28th July 2017 (Friday) ... 08.30    “Albatross”, (with oil rig), has arrived at her destination, Corpus Christi (USA) ....having left the Firth of Forth twenty days
The Bouncy Castle.
ago.    The ‘cargo vessel’ that I had ‘followed’ across the Gulf of Mexico, did turn out to be her,....  once she got in range of land based transmitters, 'cargo vessel' turned into 'Albatross'.    I‘m wondering where  Albatross’s next ‘job’ will take her.    Meanwhile, HMS Queen Elizabeth continues to test her ‘bits and pieces’ in the Cromarty Firth.

We have a nice enough start to the morning, .... ‘bright and breezy’ with sunny spells.... and the chance of showers.    I’m going to make myself a flask of coffee and wander up to Chapel Green... and have morning coffee on The Boss’ s seat.

Haig's ponies in the quarry.
20.30     Oh my word .... I don’t know where all the cars were going, but Ferry Road has been really busy .... if they are all in ‘The Ferry’ they must be ‘moored up’ on top of each other.

I ended up having a ‘lazy’ day .... and a migraine.    Maybe that would be better the other way round .... I had a migraine, followed by a lazy day.    That said I have done some weeding .... the ‘broon’ bucket was emptied this morning.    I’ve also been browsing some of my older photographs,.... taken on film.    There are hundreds but I’ve only been playing with 40.... three of which are on the Hutte.    Once I get myself organised I will scan them all and get them into the computer.

I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow .... except that I will get up to Chapel Green at some point.    The weather is forecast to be much as it was today .... except that there may be
Homeward bound.
more in the way of showers.    It’s funny how this evening has turned out dull with spits and spots o’ rain .... lately the evenings have been glorious.... the best part of the day in most cases.

The buddleia bush in the back garden is in flower, but has yet to attract myriads of butterflies:  there was a single, Small Tortoiseshell handing around this afternoon.   I noticed it when out there weeding.

It’s Horlicks and an early ‘bath’ for ‘the Boy’ tonight .... I was going to go down to the beach for a late walk, but there are too many dark clouds poodling around.

Photographs : Top – ‘The Bouncy Castle’, Middle – Haig’s Ponies in the quarry, and Bottom – on the way to the quarry.    The quarry was Haig’s HQ.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....