Cool East wind ....

19th July 2017 (Wednesday) .... 09.00    Oh dear ... bring back the warm days:   we have a brisk East wind.... and there are loads of clouds scuttling over,
The 'Troops' on Collieston rocks.
obscuring the sun with monotonous regularity;  so it’s cool.    We haven’t got a ‘plan’ for today yet;  the Troops are still resting after their efforts yesterday.... but I think we might go ‘inland’, where it should be warmer.  


   21.00   Iain and I are going to Peterhead Prison Museum tomorrow.... so we worked on the car today.   I’m looking forward to this outing;   having never been to a ‘prison’ museum.    The ’Troops’ were at this museum a couple of weeks ago so it’s only Iain and me tomorrow.  Rain has been mentioned in our weather forecast for tomorrow .... a perfect day for this mission.    Most of the rain is due to happen overnight, and we should waken to a clearing sky.
We have had a mostly ‘bright and sunny’ albeit windy, .... it was a good day for pottering about on the car.   Having said that I am now shattered, and looking forward to my bed .... and book.    Working on the car wasn’t hard work ....getting up and down was!   

Boats hauled up on Slips.
I’ve been researching ‘Myrebird’ on the old Ordnance Survey maps.   On the older maps (up to 1882) it is a traditional ‘L’ shaped small croft.   On maps after that it is shown as a ‘cottage’ with big garden.... i.e. as it was when we lived there.   This makes me think that the ‘Myrebird’ that we lived in was built round about the 1890’s.   Although it was only cottage of two rooms, it had loads of cupboards and storage space.... with an outside toilet, and workshop attached to the East end;   the foundations of  which are still there.   I know I said I wouldn’t go back but I’m interested to see if there is any sign of the croft ... the ‘L’ shaped byre and stable farm buildings.;  so I may go back one day.

It looks like the rain is going to arrive soon;  the sky has got that rainy look.   I don’t
Myrebird from the Southeast.
mind overnight rain.... but I have been enjoying the sun, and we could all do with some more ‘summer’.

Photographs : Top – ‘The ‘Troops’ on the rocks at Collieston, Middle – boats hauled up slipways, and Bottom – Myrebird from the South East.... concrete pipe on end is the well.... and it did have water in it.    When we first moved to ‘Myrebird’ there was an old fashioned  hand pump fitted to the top of the well,    The wooden structure, attached to the front of the house, was built in 1946, to bring water, from the well, into the house.... by way of a modern (then) hand pump.    I remember that being built.... and the excitement of us not having to go to ‘the well’ for water.   It was a brilliant place to live;   though it doesn’t look much now.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....