Sunny intervals .....

15th September 2024 (Sunday)    08.30 .... We have a bonnie, fresh morning.   There's a lot of

Skiff 'Sea Queen'.
cloud about just now (in fact it looks like it could rain), but the KY9 forecast is "sunny intervals with a moderate SW breeze".  I have a washing going through the machine so it won't rain!   

19.30    The showers missed us and the washing dried  so I'm happy.  I went for the paper after breakfast (and after hanging out the washing) and had a trip to the harbour.   I don't know what was 'on' last night but the Toft, and the harbour Car Park, were almost choc a bloc with cars this morrrrrrrrrning.   The skiffs were going out, and Tom was out at his creels but apart from that the water was quiet.   The skiffs always look good on the water;  they were a wee bit distant from me at the harbour:  I'd have been better down on the bents, but I am happy with what I got.

I remembered to stop at the 'Paper Shop' on the way to the harbour, so felt very organised this morning.  From the harbour I meandered back to Ivy and had another cuppa before going to Methil to visit Alice.  The road to Leven was quiet; but the other side was busy with young folk going the the 'Bash' at Crail aerodrome.  The noise from the exhausts is the main clue as to where most of the traffic was heading.

Skiff  'Archie'.

Alice had the kettle on when I arrived at  Methil so we had a cuppa and a piece o' Lemon drizzle cake, before settling down to catch up with events in Methil....  and The Royal Burgh.  I'd been later than usual at arriving at Alice's so all of a sudden it was lunch time.  One of the shops Alice had been in recently had, Halloween and Christmas stock on display!   Anyway Christmas Mince  Pie are already on sale (and have been for a week at least) so we had a hot mince pie and  custard for sweet;  celebrating(?) the fact that  there are 100 days (from today) until Christmas Day!



22.30    I enjoyed Episode1 (of 6) of 'Night sleeper';  the faces of the important players are so young, but then again so are Doctors, Nurses Policemen etc now;  so that's just me being olde .... er me being mature!   It is really gripping and I'm looking forward to the next Episode.

This has been an enjoyable day;  the sunshine helps.   Tomorrow is going to be another nice day, in fact
Tom at his creels.

the next few days are supposed to be bonnie.   No plans for tomorrow, but I should finish painting the shed..... and have a wander down to the beach.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....