Foggy ....

7th September 2024 (Saturday)     08.00 ....  We have a foggy, and damp, start to Saturday, but

sunny spell are forecast for the afternoon.   All the Fife Weather cams are showing heavy fog at present, with no promising breaks in the sky.   I'm going to wander up to the seat at the 17th after breakfast to (hopefully) get a few photographs!    Hopefully with golfers in them!

10.30    I was a bit early for golfers.... in fact not only were the golfers missing, so were dog walkers..... and joggers!    I got a few photos then, as I was making my way back home, the golfers began to go to the Clubhouse.    I'll go up to the 17th in the evening.... and catch the sunset.  In the meantime I'm tidying up the wee patio shed..... before morrrrrrning coffee.

22.30    The sun broke through just before midday and we had a warm and sunny afternoon;  then thick fog rolled in.   I went up to the golf course to get photos of the golfers marching to the Clubhouse but was in the wrong place to get good photos with it being foggy,   I needed to be closer.   So that was a failed mission.

The wee shed is tidy.... and looking good enough to be on the new patio!  I even cleaned the shed window.... probably the first time it has ever been cleaned.   I was also keeping an eye on the cycle race.... and the Paralympics.   I then decided that I'd better do some 'ousework;  so I ran roond wi' the 'oover.... and even did some dustin'.

In the evening I baked some scones for Ian, Alice, and me to have with our cuppa tomorrow.  Alice has also made some goodies;  I'm going to go along for her in the morning.   Ian arrived in Scotland either yesterday or today, having travelled from Australia over the past couple of days.   His family lived in Earlsferry during the war.   I have been friends with Ian, and his brother Les, for a couple of years.   Sadly Ian's wife Margery died a year ago so he's making this trip on his own.   Les is coming up for 90, Les is 94 and was advised not to travel.   

Tomorrow' weather is going to be much like today's, but wetter with drizzle.    We might get a sunny
spell (or two) in the afternoon.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....