Sunny and warm.....

18th September 2024 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... We have another lovely, warm  sunny morning;

Partial eclipse maximum at 03.44.
there's only a smirr o' a breeze at the moment but the wind is to freshen and back to the SE, so it won't be quite as warm as it was yesterday.   With the wind changing direction we might get haar coming in off the sea in the afternoon.   

This is going to be a rest day for me;  I was 'up' at 03.15 to see the partial eclipse, so I'm going to relax and enjoy the sunshine.  It's the Colinsburgh Friendship Lunch today, and Myra is picking me up at 12.15. I don't have to bother much about food;  a sandwich or something like that for dinner. 


20.30    With the breeze coming off the North Sea it has been cooler today;  that said it was hot when sheltered from the breeze.   Myra picked e up at 12.15 as planned  and we had a quiet run up to Colinsburgh, arriving with time to spare.   There was a good turnout for lunch (William 'T' was absent), and we enjoyed a choice of soups and puddings, followed by tea/ coffee and goodies.   It was good catching up with the Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar folks, and their 'news'.   The 'news' was, in both Kinneuchar and Colinsburgh; "nothing happening".  That said...it sounded like there as plenty 'news around the Hall, because it was buzzin' like a wasps byke that had been poked wi' a stick.

Colinsburgh Hall.
Unsurprisingly I have been tired today, after my middle o' the night session wi' the moon.   Actually I am very happy with the result(s):  and will sleep well tonight!   In fact I had a longer siesta than normal this afternoon.   When I woke up I had afternoon coffee on the patio and sorted out some of my old postcards.  That's a relaxing 'job'.    There's the front, the back .... and the stamps to look at.   They come from many different countries.... and some of them are old.   By the time I'd done an hour or so of PC browsing, the air was turning chilly so I abandoned the patio.   By the way, the patio is ideal for taking photographs of the moon and stars so I might spend an hour some clear frosty night, when the stars are sparkling like diamonds, getting a few shots of the night sky over Ivy.   I used to go up to the ladies tee at the third to do that but I doubt if I could do it now.   I'm not even going to try.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....