Lovely, autumn morning ....

5th September 2024 (Thursday)     08.45 .... we have a beautiful sunny morning, with light

breeze from the Northeast so it is chilly out in the open.   I'm going to have a quiet day.   I'll clean the wee bedroom window (the one I painted),  inside and out, then have a look at the front windows;  but this is mostly going to be a pottering about day.  It will be sheltered out in the patio so I might have morrrrrrrrning coffee outside.

09.45   The wind has freshened, the sky has clouded over; the combination of the wind and cloud means that  morrrrrning coffee will not be taken outside today!   In fact I won't be venturing far beyond the gate.  This might be a, "rin roond wi' the 'oover, flick the spiders around wi' the feather duster", and watch the Paralympics most of day!   Happy me.    Although its to be cloudy today, rain is not mentioned in the weather forecast.

20.15    Welll .... it has been a mostly grey kind o' day, but at least it was dry albeit cool on the lugs.   I decided to go to Leven to do some shopping.... and, I'd pop up to see if Alice was in residence and, if so, I'd mooch a cuppa.   I'm an expert moocher! .... but everything depended on Alice being 'in residence'.    She had ..... 34 second pause .... she had lentil soup on the hob!   so ... we had a bowl of soup, a cuppa, and a good old natter.   It had been a very successful mission;  so was the shopping. 

Back at Ivy I sorted out the messages, watched some Paralympics (table tennis), then cleaned the window glass before settling down to have a catnap.   When I woke up, and after a cuppa, I cleaned the window glass, then settled down to watch more Paralympics.

22.00   Having lost to the Turkish player, I'm glad that the young GB Table Tennis player, Bly Twomey

won the Bronze Medal.   She has worked hard to be at the level she is at today, and is a brilliant example for other young folk with impairments.   I imagine she will be a challenger for Gold at the nest Paralympics (2028).

I've had a busy and enjoyable day.   Tomorrow will be another quiet day, mostly pottering around Ivy;  pottering includes making a batch o' scones.

Today's photographs are from the 'Alberto Archive' ..... taken in 2012.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....