Misty .... and wet

2nd September 2024 (Monday)     09.15 .... There's been some rain overnight but most of the

Elie this morrrrrrning.

thunderstorms were out at sea off Crail;  the nearest lightning overnight strike was Kinneuchar direction.  The Yellow warning (for thunder) is active until midnight tonight, but the UK has no thunderstorms at this time.   The sky is heavily overcast and 'light rain showers with a gentle breeze', mixed with sunny spells is forecast for KY9.   There's no sign of sunny spells on any of the Fife Weather cams at present!

Everything was quiet when I went out to see what was happening;  not a single dog walker, nor jogger in sight!   I've devoured breakfast (I was hungry).... I'm thinkin' a mug of coffee is what I need now!

20.00     The Fife Weather cams are still showing overcast grey and wet looking, so the sunny spells must have been a figment o' my imagination.... or hope!    The thunderstorms went up the North Sea and are now North East of Aberdeen.   Though we've had light rain all day, at least we missed the thunder... and the heavy rain.  'Dreich' would be the best way to describe 'today'.


I went to Methil to visit Alice and  do my shopping.    We had a cuppa and a bit of Alice's 'clootie dumplin' before going to Sainsbury's.   I then suggested we have lunch out and we tried Agenda, but it was busy.  The Car Park was full so we ended up going to what used to be called the Shorehead Café, but the new owners have given it a new name;  'Hanarella'.     The café was busy food, and the food excellent.   I'm sure there was something else, but I've forgotten.




22.15    The wind has freshened and should shift the murky weather;  I'm looking forward to a bright and breezy day tomorrow.... and having my haircut!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....