Nice quiet morning .....

1st September 2024 (Sunday)     09.00 .... The sky is a mix of cloud and blue bits;  a bonnie,


peaceful morning and a good morning to paint the window.   I had planned to visit Alice today,  but she is feeling 'under the weather' so I'll visit her later in the week.  Right now I'm going to have breakfast.... and a mug o' coffee to get me fired up, before going for the paper.   

11.45   The window has been undercoated so, if the rain comes it is watertight.   It will get another undercoat then a final coat of Gloss.... the weather will dictate when the next coats are applied.    We're to have mixed weather for the next few days. 


15.00    I believe that I prefer watching the Paralympic to the 'Olympics'.    Why? ..... because  The Paralympics come across as being friendlier.   The Olympics have been turned into a sort of 'war' by some 'Teams'.    Anyway I've been watching the Paralympic cycling from the Velodrome, and the efforts the competitors put in is super human;  especially when you consider the impairments they have had to overcome to get where they are.   

Moan ahead.    I read in the 'News' that the Winter Payment, that 10,000.000 pensioners are going to lose is necessary because of a 'black hole' left by the previous Government!   Would it not have been more sensible to scrap Trident;  after all we are part of NATO.  The first thing you find out if it isn't a deterrent, and you 'Press' the button, is that the World as we now know it will be irreparably damaged!  Scrap Trident and pay the Winter Allowance!   Thankfully, in only four years and 10 months this Government will be replaced!   Hopefully by the Lib Dems!   Moan Over.  I feel better after that!


19.30    Although the cloud thickened and light rain is forecast, it hasn't reached us yet.   There is a Yellow Warning for thunderstorms around Fife, active from midnight tonight until midnight tomorrow.   Tomorrow will be a 'rest day' for me;  the window is waterproof so I can relax.    There are a few thunderstorms dotted around the UK at the moment;  the nearest to us being just West of Moffat (Borders).

22.00   Alice phoned earlier with shocking 'news':  her sister, June, had been rushed into hospital this morning, but, sadly died.  My thoughts are with Alice, and all the family, at this extremely sad time.   I will go and see Alice tomorrow.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....