Peaceful morning .....

12th September 2024 (Thursday)    08.15 ..... at the moment the sky is mostly cloudy, but the

weather forecast is .... "sunny intervals with a moderate Northwesterly breeze".... and it's going to be cold for this time of year.    I intend finishing painting the shed today, but.... only if it's warm!   I'll have a walk to  the beach after breakfast then think about painting.    This cold weather has me sharpening pencils and contemplating winter activities.  I have one drawing to do for my 'Kinneuchar Kirk Project';  the pre Reformation church that was demolished to make way for the present building.   This will be based on the drawings/sketches by the Rev Sime of Edinburgh.

12.00    I've been for my walk (beach) and got a batch of photos to play with later.    Alistair (Graham) came along walking the dog, and with his camera, so we chatted for a while.   I should have asked Alistair the dog's name, but I didn't, so she will hereafter be 'the girl'.   'The Girl'  was happy to pose so I got some 'thoughtful dog' photos.   The beach was busy, which suggests that the villages are also busy, which is good.   Although it's a bonnie day it's cool exposed to the breeze; but I was well wrapped up... as were the folk on the beach.   I am now seriously thinking of painting the shed!   After lunch!.

20.00    The shed got two cots of paint in the afternoon, but I had to stop (it needs another two) because the shower clouds were beginning to look threatening.... and close.   I don't now if we had any showers, because I fell asleep watching the news.   The various wars continue to rumble along:  this had me wondering if there might be a planet in the Universe with intelligent life on it!  That's when I fell asleep.... dreaming of peaceful things.

22.30    This has been an enjoyable day;  for both 'play' and 'work'.   There was more play than work admittedly but I'm a happy boy.   Tomorrow's weather should be much the same as today's.... perhaps a wee bit colder first thing.   It could be a good day for working in the kitchen:  I'm thinkin' scones.... and maybe  a batch o' Cottage Pies.   Anyway I'm going to bed now;  the latest of Kirsty's Donna Leon books is different, but, as always... intriguing.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....