Nice autumnal morning .....

4th September 2024 (Wednesday)     08.30 .... It's a bonnie autumn  morning;  there's a chance

of light showers later, but they are part of what is going to be a beautiful day.   Showers  mean interesting clouds for the camera!   I intend painting the window once the sun is higher, and warmer..... and hoping that the showers miss us.

16.45    I missed the Friendship Lunch;  but the window has been glossed so I am happy.  It has been the perfect day for painting and the window is dry so any showers that may come our way won't spoil it.   Although I saw a few decent showers clouds they were well away from us.  I finished painting  just before 13.00;  just to late to go up to the Kirk Hall... so I made a salad type lunch, and had some of Shona's stewed plums for sweet.   
The Paralympic Time Trial cycling was on TV in the afternoon, so I watched that  ... with the occasional catnap.   Anyway I'm glad the window is finished..... all I have to do is clean the glass.   The inside has still to be painted but that can be done at any time.   I might tackle the bottom sashes of the front windows next.

20.30   I decided to have a saunter down to 'Nana's Seat' this afternoon:   I fancied seeing the view you get when you slowly (it has to be slowly) go up towards the seat.  The Firth gradually appears above the bents, then the harbour with the granary, the lighthouse in the background and the 'sooth side' on the horizon; then finally, and suddenly...'the beach'. It's awesome.

22.30    It's a weary but 'happy boy' that's going to bed tonight in Ivy;  pleased that the showers never bothered us and let me get the window painted.    Now I'd better drag the 'oover round before Ian drops in on Sunday.   I'm looking forward to meeting Ian with his memories of Elie and Earlsferry..... and the Polish soldiers based in Earlsferry.    




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....