Lovely morning ....

13th September 2024 (Friday)     08.15 .... It's a beautiful morning, sunny with only a light

breeze.  The garden thermometer is at 5C.   A bonnie morning for doing the Coastal Path.... or painting a shed!    I have only been as far as the gate (bringing in the bucket), but the NW breeze is cool, so the shed painting will happen when the temperature is..... at 24C!  

20.30    Although a nice enough day, the temperature didn't quite get up to 24C .... so the shed only got one coat before the clouds had a threatening look about them, and I put the paint away.   I don't think we had any showers.... at least not when I was out. 

After lunch I went for a wander to the beach.   This is becoming a habit, so I might try a change in direction  tomorrow;  and that would give us a change of scenery.   That's one thing about living where we do, there's always bonnie scenery .... in every direction. Anyway I like sitting on the seats and.... and enjoy being in such a peaceful and bonnie place.   

Once again I was surprised to see beach so busy, but was more surprised when I didn't see a single vessel on the water.   I nearly fell asleep on John and Jenny's seat, so I wandered back to Ivy, and fell asleep in front of the tele.   Actually I have been extremely tired today;  I'm blaming the change in the weather;  I don't think it can be 'work'.     

22.30     "Light cloud with a fresh breeze" is our weather for tomorrow; but it's also supposed to be warmer.    

I was browsing some random files today and found our Title Deeds.  There is usual the Rights an Privileges of  being a citizen of Earlsferry (same as St Andrews citizens with the Old Course).   Ivy Cottage was among a group of rundown cottages, bought by an Edinburgh Leather Merchant in 1855.   He had the cottages renovated, and Ivy Cottage had an outside flushing toilet built, the only one in this part of the village.  Written into our Deeds is the fact that  the neighbours were entitled to use said outside flushing toilet.  In those days toilets were 'outside', and consisted of shed or small building, with a bench seat.  The bucket below the bench seat had to be emptied at regular intervals.

Jimmy (Linton) remembered an elderly lady, from one of the  nearby houses, using it regularly in the 1930's.   The outside toilet no longer exists, having been incorporated into a bathroom,  built just before the War.  That bathroom was demolished in 1980 when we had a new bathroom and kitchen built.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....