Quiet morning....

14th September 2024 (Saturday)     10.00 .... I was hoping for mair blue in the sky this morning,

Former Williamsburgh School.
but at the moment we have cloud with occasional spells of drizzle..... but, the sun is trying hard to break through so we should have sunny spells later.... and it's warmer!  It's a pleasant enough morning, but I don't think the shed will get much attention today (chance of showers).   I'm going for a short walk after morrrrrrning coffee;  it will probably be the beach again, because there could be an interesting sky.  

20.30    This has been a strange day:  the sun broke through a couple of times but not for long.   I ended up pottering around Ivy.... mostly getting stuff ready for drawing, watching some TV and working in the kitchen.   I never went for a walk;  for some reason I fancied sausages and mash and set about making that.   I had a bag o' those wee tautties and they are fiddly to scrape and pick the eyes out of.  That took almost an hour because I did the whole bag.   I won't have to do any more tautties for the next couple o' days!   So it wasn't mash that I had wi' the sausages... it was little tautties and peas wi' loads o' gravy.  Very tasty!    My cooking skills are limited but edible.


22.30    I'd say that  this has been a 'rest day' for me:  the weather didn't have me wanting to go out anywhere, and I was happy enough pottering around.   Tomorrow is going to be brighter (sunny intervals with moderate breeze) and a better day for the camera.   Today's photos are both of Williamsburgh School.   The top one taken yesterday, and the bottom one, with  Maggie's great Aunt  in it, around  1895.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....