Lovely, fresh morning .....

11th September 2024 (Wednesday)    09.00 .... It's a lovely morning, but there's a chilly air: 

'sunny intervals with a moderate breeze' is the forecast, with a chance of light showers.   I might get the south side of the shed painted today;  it should be warm, once the sun is higher, and sheltered from the wind.   The temperature (out in the open) is going to be disappointing for this time of year!

21.00    A couple doing the Coastal Walk to Leven.   It has been a brilliant day for doing the 'Walk', and a lot of people were taking advantage of the sunny day.   There was a cold Northwesterly so jackets were necessary at times.  
I contemplated doing the south side of the shed but it was too cold.... so I did the ironing.  Much warmer!

After lunch I went up to visit Brian, Moira and Morven (my Secretary) at Erncroach.  I found out that Kate (Bousie) is in in the Scoonie Care Home.... the same one as Alice's friend Christina!     Kate used to work at the 'Cheese Place' Restaurant near Ainster.   Her husband was an excellent photographer, his especial subject being Clydesdale horses.   Not surprising as he was a horseman when he first started working on farms.   I will be at Scoonie Care Home next week with Alice so I'll look out for Kate.

'Inga Ness III' - K501 (Kirkwall).
I've has two walks to the beach today;  this not getting out on the bike has at least got me 'walking'  for some exercise.   My knee doesn't like it, but sometimes I actually think it's doing the knee some good.   I keep intending to go out with Jimmy's 'hurdy gurdy' because it has a seat... so I could stop and take the weight off the knee, without having to walk from 'Jenny and John's' seat, along to 'Nana's seat (on the bents).   That's what I've been doing recently.   With the 'hurdy gurdy' I think I could do a 'longer walk'.
Both today's walks were to the beach.... and the above mentioned seats!




22.45    Regarding the much hyped  Presidential debate in the US of A;  quite frankly I thought it was pathetic.  Neither of the two candidates are fit for the post of President of the USA.   It doesn't bode well for the USA (and the 'West') if those two are the 'best' that America can find.  The sad thing is that one of them will be the President of the USA.... and the leader of the 'Western World!   We live in dangerous times!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....