Sunny and warm ....

17th September 2024 (Tuesday)     08.30 .... The thermometer is at 12C.... and and is forecast to

Oops ... er... tea break time!
hit 20C in the afternoon.    I am feeling in a 'working' mood so I'll finish the shed today it need two coats.... and have daunder to the beach between coats.   It's a perfect morning for doing things.... including having morning coffee outside.  It's a 'Flap On' morning!   

20.30    My word.... I almost had to unearth the sun cream this afternoon!   The temperature reached 22C (shade) so it has been a really lovely day;  and I have busy.   Actually 'busy' maybe isn't the word.... although I did 'work' now and again.....intermittently, a bit like the sunny spells we sometimes get!   Anyway I pottered around with the shed most of the day, and enjoyed sitting outside having my cuppas.   Having looked at the 'action' shots I took today, I see that the cup figures in most of them!   

It's the 'Harvest Moon' tonight.... and there's a partial eclipse, which begins at 01.40 and is at it's maximum at 03.45.  The sky should be clear.  It is only a partial eclipse (only 4% of the moon will be in shadow) so won't be that exciting.   Me being me, I'll get 'up' to watch it for a wee while .... and, hopefully, take a few photographs.   I should get the full moon long before bedtime!

Having got myself fired up into a working mood, I never had time to go for a walk.  Anyway, I felt that I was getting enough exercise walking to the kitchen ... oops... I mean walking around the shed working!  I'm absolutely chuffed tae bits wi' the patio;  but I must get a table and chairs.... and a bench.   Gerry and the Team said they would reinstate the garden and they certainly did.   The handrail they gave me is very much appreciated.... as is the whole job.   Patio's are brilliant!.... especially on days like today when you get the benefit of lazi .... working out in the warm sun.

Harvest moon.
23.00    The Harvest Moon is vey bright in a clear sky so we should see the partial eclipse.   The maximum shadow (which isn't very much) will be seen at 03.45.... so I'll get 'up' at 03.00 to see it.   It will be visible to the naked eye, assuming of course, that there isn't any cloud at the time.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....