Overcast with drizzle ....

20th September 2024 (Friday)    08.30 .... All the Fife weather cams are showing low cloud with

drizzle, but the sky should lighten up a bit and the drizzle fade away; the forecast is light cloud with a moderate ENE breeze.   Not a play day just now, but I'm feeling positive and thinkin'  of "sunny spells" later;  though the West is the place to be today.  Perth.... West Australia comes to mind!

12.00   The drizzle has stopped and there are brighter patches starting to appear in the sky; hopefully the sun will break through to give us some sunny spells. Jimmy (Jems) was right re the 'hurdy gurdy';  it takes the strain off the knee.... and the seat is useful.   I had a short sortie up to the phone box, and might have a longer 'walk' after lunch, even though it isn't a 'play' day.  

15.30    I didn't go out again with the hurdy gurdy;  the sunny spells that I was looking or never came so I did some 'ousework, including a washing that was in the machine.   The washing is unlikely to dry on the line, but it's out there anyway.   The 'plan' was to paint a bit of the shed but that's on hold until the sunny weather returns.... on Tuesday.    Even if the sun is 'shining bright' on Tuesday the shed won't be painted, because that's the day the car goes in for it's MOT.   


This has been one of those "can't be bothered" kind of days.  There's nothing that I want to watch on the tele so I've been working with my postcards;  they are always interesting;  and different.   Post cards are 'old fashioned' nowadays and it's good to drift back to the time before mobile phones .... and a slower way of living.   


19.38    The weather could have been bonnier but, I have had a productive day.   All the 'jobs'  I did were sittin' doon jobs... enjoyable and relaxing.   Looking through old post cards, backing up my 2024 photographs cards.... both of which involved browsing.  I'd say, in spite of the dull weather, that this has been a good day for me.   I even managed to do the ironing!   And I placed an online order which is being delivered tomorrow;  that means another restful day.   

Tomorrow's weather is going to be much the same as today's; overcast with drizzle.   In fact tomorrow morning could be  quite damp.   The West is the place to be.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....