Peaceful sunrise .....


30th March 2019 (Saturday) ....07.00    There wasn’t much happening on
Sunrise over The Toft - Elie.
the beach this morning..... even the birds were quiet:  actually it was only 05.30 so hardly surprising that it was quiet.    (I must have got rid of the cold because I had the urge to catch the sunrise this morning).   Sunrise wasn’t spectacular, but it was serene, the way the sun came up through the clouds.   It’s a wee bit misty just now, and there’s only a light breeze;  a cool ‘light breeze’ I should say.... a nice start to the day.  

  

22.30     We had a couple of hours of heavy ‘Scotch Mist before midday, but that cleared away and we ended up with a balmy afternoon.... and a beach busy with folks enjoying the ‘balmy afternoon’.    The villages have been busy this weekend;  I don’t know if it’s some kind of holiday weekend, but it looks like it is.... the villages are livelier.    I know all this because I made a mug of coffee and went down to Nana’s Seat and watched the aforesaid folk walking on the beach.

Lovely afternoon.
I got a surprise visit from Heather and Alistair, who are up for the weekend.... from a wee village near Durham.     We caught up with each other’s ‘news’,.... and had a mug of my ‘finest’.   Not there was much ‘news’ but we did have a pleasant evening chatting about the villages.
   
Tomorrow the kirk service is in Colinsburgh Town Hall.    It’s some kind of different service from the normal;   Irene is making a cake, and the congregation are having cake and coffee/tea in the middle of the service.    I’m going to the kirk tomorrow.   I don’t know what form the service is going to take, but I do know that Irene is a brilliant cook .... and  I like cake!   I’ll take the camera.    That is my ‘plan’ for tomorrow.

I’ve been thinking about the New Zealand Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, and what
.... busy beach.
makes her stand head and shoulders above other female ‘Prime Ministers’, past and present.   Other female ‘Leaders’ seem to think that the job of a ‘leader’ means that you have to act like a male, whereas PM Ardern (NZ) does not:  she is a female and is leading as a female.... with feminine qualities!    We need more ‘Leaders’ like her the  whole World over.

We lose an hour’s asleep tonight so I’d better bumble off to bed.... I want to catch tomorrow’s sunrise ....at 06.45.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....