Hmmmm .... very windy


24th March 2019 (Sunday) .... 09.00     there’s a frisky wind this morning,
Frisky clouds over Kinneuchar.
and it’s a cold one; furthermore, there are a lot of ragged clouds being blown over and some of them look heavy enough to give us a shower.   However, I’m feeling positive;  so ‘positive that I have a jersey out on the line!
I’ve been out in the car.... and it is a good morning for going out for a walk up Balcarres Den ... or some other walk that’s out of the wind.    I’ll plan some activity after I’ve had breakfast.

The Den Burn with the Balniel bridge in the background.
16.00     We’ve been lucky with the showers;  only catching the edge of a couple of them..... with insignificant wetness, so the jersey I hung out is near enough dry.
 I went up to Balcarres in the afternoon and, parking the car off the road, I walked down the Balniel road to the bridge over the Den Burn, where I had a bumble around in the woods by the burn.    I have to take my stick with me for the rough paths etc.   It was windy out in the open but once in the wood it was warm.... and there was a feel of Spring in the air, which,  along with the sound of the burn was very enjoyable and calming;  I wish I’d taken a picnic with me.

19.30     Wellll ...I’ve had an enjoyable weekend, and I’m looking forward to the
Balniel bridge over the Den Burn.
beginning of a new week.   It’s forecast to be less windy (and therefore warmer) tomorrow;   I might do some work in the garden if it feels like Spring .... there’s certainly plenty needing done;  and the ‘broon’ bucket is empty!    
  The ‘plan’ is to get ‘up’ with ‘Wallace and Gromit’ in the morning and bumble down to the beach to catch sunrise.    When I think about it  I haven’t been down to the beach today .... I haven’t spoken to anyone;  should I be feeling lonely ?   I’m not.  I have been ‘out’ on and off most of the day.... and I feel tired, and content, but not lonely.    I must remember to take a ‘bite to eat’, and a flask of coffee with me when I go out;  it’s warm enough to have a picnic .... when out of the wind.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....