Lovely mornin' .... but cauld on the lugs


25th March 2019 (Monday) .... 07.00    Yesss .... we have a lovely start to
Bonnie but there's a cool breeze.
the day, but it is cauld on the lugs... well .... it is down on the beach.    I  will get some tidying up done in the garden... but not before the sun is higher, and with it the temperature.    Anyway ... it’s breakfast time.....  Weetabix and a touch of caffeine.


15.30    It has been a perfect day for working in the garden;   I even forgot about going to the ‘Pav’ for coffee.    By the time I did remember, it was coming up for lunch time.    However, a good bit of progress has been made in the garden, and the ‘broon’ bucket’ is nearly full .... with only enough space left for a couple of kitchen caddy bags.    It has been pleasantly warm .... 14c at 

Ivy Cottage  Daffies.
12.30.;  having said that, the sky has clouded over now, but not with rain clouds.    I’m having a mid afternoon tea break before I tidy up the last of the Clematis clippings.   I should get more days in the garden this week, the weather forecast is good;  at the speed I work at it will take me more than a few days to tidy up Ivy garden.   Tomorrow I have Helen’s (Watson) Memorial service in the morning, and an appointment at St Andrews in the afternoon.... tomorrow will be a rest day from work.

20.00     For some strange reason I’m feeling very contented tonight;   it must have been doing things in the garden.    The garden was mostly Maggie’s department.... I did the front garden ....and the painting etc.   I can do what’s needed in the garden, but it is harder now .... and slower.    I’m not that keen on ‘fast’ anyway .... I like methodical;  with a bit of dreaming thrown in.   The daffodils are looking good so they were well
.... more Ivy Cottage  daffies.
photographed .... and probably will be again.    The ‘plan’ is to do as much tidying up as I can while this Spring weather lasts.


Brexit continues to flounder along in the UK political scene;  quite frankly this has been the worst political mess we’ve had for decades.    Nothing has changed since December, when ‘The Deal’ was conceived.    We need a Leader; a decision making Leader ....  the New Zealand Prime Minister comes to mind.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....