Bonnie morning ....


31st March 2019 (Sunday) .... 08.00    The beach was quiet at sunrise .... I
Sunrise at  Elie and Earlsferry.
had it to myself.    We have another calm, but cool on the lugs, morning:  there’s a noticeable drop in the temperature, however there’s only a light breeze, so very little wind chill.    It’s a perfect morning for walking!    I’ve got the kirk in the morning, so might go out in the afternoon.... it, kind of, depends on how much cake I eat at the kirk! 


  20.30     We’ve had a bonnie day, but there has been a cool breeze, and it feels like we could get down to near freezing by the morning.


I’ve had a busy day and will be glad to get into bed tonight.   The kirk service was in Colinsburgh Town Hall, (Colinsburgh Kirk has been sold) and there was a good crowd there.    Irene collected the ingredients with which to bake a cake (I didn't tell her that she'd be light on the fruit owing to the fact that I ate some of it);  then we ate one that she had made earlier.   I couldn’t hear very well but I enjoyed the cake during the tea break half way through the service.

Sarah van Veen. (Magnolia tree)
Back at Ivy I had a bite to eat, then went up to the Hutte to have ‘50’ .... I’ve been feeling one degree under for the past couple of days.   When I woke up I went up to Balcarres for a run in the car;  and to take a few photos of ‘Sarah van Veen’... a Magnolia tree.    ‘Sarah’ is looking braw;  ...... however she’s bit sneaky;  her beauty is short lived, and early in the flowering season:  she should look good for another couple of weeks.

The hours sleep we lost with the clock change seems to have caught up with me and I am kn... oops .... very tired tonight;  then again I’ve been getting up to catch the sunrise so have had a longish day.    The villages have been busy this weekend .... almost like it is a holiday weekend someplace.

Tomorrow is forecast to be cloudier with the chance of light rain later in the afternoon
Irene collecting the ingredients for making a cake.
.... and it’s going to be colder.    I’ll have a lie in tomorrow morning if it looks like sunrise is going to be hidden by clouds.   Harbour House is closed on Monday’s and Tuesdays .... but we could have coffee at the pavilion.   I’m going to have a mug of chocolate then get off to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....