1,022,457,600 seconds old sometime today ....


23rd March 2019 (Saturday) ..... 08.30   It’s a beautiful morning at the
Catriona and Jackie in the succulent house.
Centre of the Universe;  a perfect morning for working in the garden!     Maybe.    There is a cool air, but that’s easily taken care of with a warm jacket.   The ‘troops’ from Auchnagatt are coming down later;  this means I’d better do some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’.    First I need to have breakfast.


20.30   We’ve had a gorgeous ‘sunny and warm (out of the wind) day’... and I have had a brilliant birthday.    The  Auchnagatt troops arrived about 10.30;  we had a cuppa and devoured some of the goodies they’d brought with them.   Suitably fuelled up, Catriona and Iain went up to the attic to have an explore, I can’t remember what they were looking for, but they brought down an ancient record player that is still in working order.    To know that Catriona has inherited the ‘we need to keep that’ gene is a load off my mind.   All the family heirlooms(?) that Maggie ‘saved’ are up there and, were waiting for someone to come along and ‘love’ them!    I’ll sleep well tonight.

Ladybird enjoying the warm sun.
To celebrate my birthday we had a fascinating few hours in the St Andrews Botanic Gardens,    It was a perfect day for browsing, and being sheltered from the cold wind, it was warm.   It’s the perfect place to go to relax;  and ever changing with the seasons;  I’ll be up there a few times.   The Cafe only does coffee/tea and a soft drinks..... and goodies (cakes and biscuits), so we went up to Morrison’s for a bowl of soup etc.
Back at Ivy Catriona and Iain went up to the attic again;   it’s a magic place is our attic.    When they were up there Jackie sorted out the food they had brought with them.     We were all ready for food and it disappeared off the plates like ‘snaw aff a dyke’ in a thaw.

 At the end of the day I am one happy, and contented ‘boy,.... and a tired one.    It will
The Heron has just caught afternoon tea - a frog.
be an early night in bed for me tonight.   I have nae plan for tomorrow, but.... I might go to the kirk if I don’t ‘sleep in’.   The weather forecast is not that bad .... windy with sunny spells; and, we might catch the odd shower.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....