Kincraig Cliffs ....

9th April 2016 (Saturday) .... 08.00     The weather has  been  ever so slightly ‘dreich’ so far this morning;   I woke up at 06.00 feeling energetic, and in the mood to do some stuff in the garden, but that ‘plan’ has been put orf until the sun
Low tide beach at Kincraig cliffs
breaks through to dry things up.   The  rain is forecast to stop early in the morning, but the sky is to remain overcast for most of the day.     Funnily enough I still feel energetic.   I’ll have to burn that orf inside Ivy .....  I’ll do the ironing, but not before attending to “Puku” who is beginning to feel neglected.    It’s breakfast time!
09.15 .... The rain has stopped, and the sky is beginning to become brighter, so,  I’ll go out for my morning walk, having done the ironing, and had a quick run round with the ‘oover.    I’m thinking I deserve a small reward for this spell of ‘work’(?):   a cuppa and a piece of ‘melt in the mouth’ shortbread would be more of a ‘big reward’, but Puku” reckons ‘he’ is worth it!   Oh my word .... I can see bits of ‘bloo’ in the sky..... we could get some sunny spells;  now, I wonder, should I wash the sheets?
21.30     The ‘bloo’ bits in the sky evolved into a sunny and warm afternoon;   and I did do the washing, which I brought ‘in’ not long ago,...  sort of, three quarters dry.    When I saw how the weather was developing this morning, I decided to get the bike out and bike, over to, and across West Bay beach to Kincraig cliffs to have a look at the beaches that would be uncovered at low tide.    Before leaving I set the washing
Entrance channel to Macduff's cave Earlsferry
machine going, so that at least it would be working!
The last time I went out to Kincraig to see the ‘spring tide’ beaches  would be 10 years ago:  that time I was able to walk, on sand, all the way round to the West end of ‘Pebble beach’.... that was a really ‘big’ tide.   Today I only got as far as a wee ‘cave’ that is ‘uncovered’ at low tides, on the West side of the Macduff’s cave entrance channel.    I could easily have waded along to the wee beach at the West end of ‘Pebble beach’ but I’d have had to take orf my shoes and socks.    Instead I went into the Macduff’s cave channel, where I met a few folks doing the first two chains of the Chainwalk.     After chatting to a couple of ‘Chainwalkers’, I climbed out of the channel and back onto West Bay by way of the first (or last) part of the Chainwalk....  and then to my bike.   From here I explored my way along the edge of the tide on the bike, stopping to take photographs from different ‘viewpoints’.
For me this has been another ‘happy’ day;   most of them are, but doing stuff like I did
Macduff's cave
today, and yesterday, and talking to folks enjoying the ‘Centre of the Universe’ is just that wee bit especial.
Dod dropped in during the afternoon and we had a cuppa and a long natter in the Hutte.    In between me getting back to Ivy, and George turning up, I had hung out the washing, ate something, and had ‘50’.    It’s strange but, since I got my hip replacement I can do all the things I want to do.... but, oh my word, can I sleep at night.   I can’t remember having that problem when I got my replacement knee.  Having said that .... the knee replacement was six years ago.    I’m that much older now:   perhaps my body is telling me that I’m ‘older’, but my brain is ‘hard of hearing’!

West Bay from Kincraig 
Photographs : Top – Low tide beach at Kincraig cliffs, Next – Macduff's Cave entrance channel, with Chains 01 and 02 of the Chainwalk.... Chain One is behind the lassie, who is  looking at someone doing Chain 02... Next – a family Group on Chain 02 ... the top of Macduff’s cave is what you see atop the grassy bit in the background.    The mound of earth that buried the cave entrance,  slipped off the top of the cliffs when the naval guns, situated on top of the cliffs, were fired during WWII... and Bottom – looking along West Bay from the Eastern end of the Chainwalk.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....