Warm and sunny .....

19th April 2016 (Tuesday) .... 09.30    Oh the heat .... bring back winter and the cauld days!     We have a gorgeous morning at ‘The Centre of the Universe’ ....
Earlsferry this morning
sunny (and warm) with only a light breeze from the Northwest;   it’s a brilliant day for doing anything... I’ve been along the beach, to the Black Wa’,;   I did intend going further, but decided to go back to Ivy to wash  “Sooper Buggy”.... after I have my breakfast, and a cuppa.   Must ‘go’ “major flap on” this morning ..... I feel energetic and in ‘working’ mode.    ‘Energetic’ I’m fine with .... ‘working mode’ I’m not so sure about! 
22.30    This has been a ‘sun bloc’ day and I didn’t bother using it;  so I have a slight touch of sunburn tonight;  it has been a really bonnie, and warm, day.   Most of my day has been spent washing and polishing “Sooper Buggy”;   this is the first time in two years that I have been able to polish ‘her’ completely.   The only part that got
Sooper Buggy
polished over the past two years, after washing the car with the hose, was the bonnet!    A worn hip means you can’t bend without serious pain... so I’m only starting to seriously ‘bend’ in all directions, now (eight months after my hip replacement op!)    Today I gave “Sooper Buggy” ‘the works’ ... wash, polish and ‘oovered.   I’ve no doubt that my muscles will be sore in the morning ...they’ll have stiffened up overnight, but a hot shower will slacken them orf.
I also did a good amount of  housework, including a washing, which dried in ‘nae time’ today;  it was the perfect drying day.    I also did the front lobby, and the kitchen and bathroom floors.   I did say that I felt ‘energetic’... so I have made good use to the energy!   
Of course doing all this ‘work’ means that I only managed short walks on the beach;
Earlsferry this evening
   but I might make up for that tomorrow morning, though, if it’s another day like today I’ll do some gardening.    It’s marvelous how, a warm sunny day, can motivate someone.... especially when that someone is ‘me’ ....  to actually do stuff, and to enjoy doing it.

Photographs : Top – part of the Ferry beach this morning, Middle – Sooper Buggy,  and Bottom – The Ferry beach early in the evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....