Leven Siskin ....


2nd April 2016 (Saturday)    10.00 .... and we have a lovely morning, calm and warm.... there’s only a breath of wind, from the Southerly direction, however  there is  a thin layer of high cloud all over the sky, that is filtering the strength out of
Elie beach this morning
the sun,... but .. it looks like being a nice Spring day;  a great day for doing stuff.

I had a great night’s sleep, not waking up until ‘Wallace and Gromit’ fired up at 06.50.....  quarter of an hour after sunrise, so I missed that, though I doubt if it would have been visible anyway.    I will take a quick walk down to the beach after this update to see what’s happening, then Iain and I are going along to Leven to visit Janet and Lesley.    Lesley has Siskins feeding in her garden!  

22.30     We went along to Leven, had a cuppa with my sister, Janet, and her daughter Lesley, then set up the cameras to photograph the Siskins.    Iain got photographs of Siskins and Goldfinches, I got one photo of the perch.     The perch was a small branch taped onto one of my walking poles,(a Komperdell), so it was a ‘classy’ perch.... u
Siskin
nfortunately the Siskins didn’t think much of it.  I did get photographs of Siskins, and Goldfinches flying around it, when they came down to feed... perhaps the ‘perch’ was just a little bit ‘new’ for them.    Anyway Lesley sent me a photo she had taken earlier so I will use that.

Back at Ivy we set up the cameras to get some photos of “Blob” and Co..... now I discover that there’s a problem with card, that needs to be ‘repaired:  that will have to be scanned and ‘sorted’ later tonight.    The plan is to set up the cameras, and take some pictures of “Blob” and Co tomorrow morning.    The weather isn’t great for first thing tomorrow morning, with
Earlsferry beach
an East wind and light rain forecast... but, it is supposed to be ‘bright and sunny’ later.

The villages are busy tonight .... it must be the start of the ‘Easter break’ for another part of the country.   It’s good, to have the villages ‘alive’ again .... and to hear the sound of ‘young’ voices in the background:  there’s a serious shortage of ‘young voices’ in ‘The Ferry’ over the winter period.

If it is raining first thing in the morning, I shall have nice ‘sleep in’ .... I’ve been feeling ‘one degree under’ today, and a good, long, rest won’t go amiss.   The wind, being from the southeast, explains the ‘one degree under’ feeling..... as you all know by now, I blame the east wind for everything.

Photographs : Top – Elie beach, Middle – Siskin (Courtesy Lesley) and Bottom- The Ferry beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....