Nice morning ... wet evening ...... .....

28th April 2016 (Thursday) .... 10.00     Welllll... I was ready for that;  ‘that’ being my Shredded Wheat, followed by a slice o’ toast and a cuppa.    It’s another bonnie morning, albeit chilly, so I went out for a daunder before breakfast...
Elie 
because I’m feeling ‘very frolicsome’ this morning.     Although it’s a bonnie morning you can see that there’s a change coming in from the west, where the sky is greying over, and there’s an intimidating look to it.    Hey we might get snow!    I’m thinking ‘winter’ pictures now! 
21.30     The ‘change coming in from the West, that I mentioned in the morning ‘update’, arrived about 14,30, but it’s doubtful if I’ll get ‘winter scene’ pictures tomorrow morning, at least not in Elie and Earlsferry.... however I should get ‘ wet look’ ones;   we have  heavy rain/sleet, which is forecast to last for most of the night.    The Ivy Cottage ‘hatches are battened down’, the central heating
Grangehill area
turned ‘up’, ..... I have now reached the “hot chocolate before bedtime” point at the end of a busy day.
With Jimmy not having his car this morning, I took him for a run, along to Crail, then Kingsbarns and home by ‘the back road’, in ”Sooper Buggy”.    Jimmy is having problems with his legs just now so he didn’t get out of the car, but was happy enough to sit and watch me take a few photos.    Unfortunately it was lunchtime by the time we were anywhere near ‘The Cheese Place’ so we missed out on ‘morning coffee’.    Mind you, that didn’t really bother either of us, because we knew we had the ‘Drop In Cafe’ in the afternoon.... always a pleasant coffee break.   After the ‘Cafe’ I took Jimmy along to St Monans to pick up his car;   which had to have a new spring fitted
A quiet corner of Crail
(or something like that) so that it could pass it’s MOT test.
This is the “Elie Scarecrow Weekend” so the villages will be busy with folks admiring the amazing variety of exhibits;  always an interesting way to spend a few hours.    Hopefully the weather will improve by morning.    In point of fact, I think it is forecast to be an Easterly wind tomorrow... and most of you will already know what I think of Easterly winds!

Photographs : Top – I liked the way Elie was looking this morning... a ‘nice’ light, Middle – the road to Grangehill  and Shell Bay, and Bottom – “Rumford” ... a quiet corner of Crail.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....