Cauld day ......

25th April 2016 (Monday) .... 09.00    ANZAC DAY  ... the Anniversary of the Gallipoli landings of WWI.    A solemn Day of Remembrance in Australia and New
Tulip
Zealand,  .... when they remember all ANZAC’s who lost their lives, not only at Gallipoli, but in all wars since.    “We will remember them!”
I’m glad that I went ‘biking’ yesterday;   today the weather is bright enough, but windier, and therefore colder, with April showers.     Hopefully we’ll get long spells of sunshine , though right now we have a heavy shower bumbling over us.
I have to go to Leven, sometime today, to pick up “Sooper Buggy”.... I was going to potter around in the garden until I got a phone call from the garage, but everything in the garden is now wet.    Some warm sunshine, and a gentle drying breeze, would be useful!    I’ll go for a daunder down to the beach after breakfast;  having slightly overslept this morning I am now ‘behind schedule’!
21.00     I didn’t have to go to Leven to pick up “Sooper Buggy”, the mechanics  didn’t get started on ‘her’ until late in the afternoon.    I was pleased by this....   I had a migraine just after lunch (and coffee),
Primrose
and didn’t really feel like going to Leven.... so I took a couple of pills and had ‘50’.
It has been very cold all day, with some fierce hail showers blowing through, in the strong Northerly wind;  so cold in fact,  that I only sat in the Hutte for about half an hour.    Clouds kept switching the heating orf!     I did pull a couple of weeds in the garden;   even they, the weeds, were glad to get into the ‘broon’ bucket oot o’ the cauld wind.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘more of the same’, with more chance of wintry showers.    Yesterday, we had butterflies fluttering around all over the place... today they’d be sheltering in some cosy nook.... I certainly did not see any in Ivy
This evening
garden!
The beach was all mine this evening when I ventured out .... in between hail showers.    It was nice in the lee of the dunes, but as soon as I went into the wind, it was very cold.    I didn’t stay down there long.   The intention is to get ‘up’ early tomorrow morning, to do the Chapel green walk;   and to, most likely, get some  ‘instructions’ from ‘The Boss’.

Photographs : Top – Ivy Tulip, Middle – Ivy Primrose (primula vulgaris), and Bottom – the beach this evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....