Lazy day .....

11th April 2016 (Monday) ... 10.00     When I was down on the beach, it was ‘bright and sunny’, (this was about 08.00), but it was also cold, because there’s a brisk Easterly wind.     This wind is bring clouds in from the North Sea now, so it’s beginning to look,  ‘less bright and sunny’, and therefore colder.   I sauntered along the
Elie this morning
beach, to School Wynd, then up said Wynd, and home via Bank street etc., chatting to various folks on the way.   It’s now breakfast time!
21.30     My two late nights watching the golf have caught up with me;   it’s an early night in bed with the book tonight.     For me this has been a lazy kind o’ day:  with the wind being ‘brisk’ and easterly’ I didn’t get the bike out at all, choosing instead to do a wee bit of ironing, and a fair amount of ‘computer researching’.
The villages are still busy with, presumably, Easter holiday makers.   When I think about it, Easter  happened weeks ago... I know ‘cos I went to the service down at the harbour that day;   and the breakfast in the hall afterwards.   Probably the last time I ate.   Anyway...  I like the auld place ‘alive’:   when ‘The Royal Burgh’ is ‘empty’ there’s less folk to converse with .... but all I really have to do, is, walk further looking for any that are ‘out’.     Here’s another reason I don’t like East winds ....  they shorten conversation time:  nobody wants to hang around blethering in a cauld wind!    Of course that only proves what I already know ... ‘good stuff never comes on an East
The Royal Burgh this morning
wind’.    Unfortunately that’s going to be the wind direction for the next few months ... oops days, with ‘ra morra’ having more in the way of dampness rain.  
When I was down on the beach this evening I was surprised to find a fair number of  folk enjoying the ‘bracing’ East wind.... but, though overcast, at least it is dry.... and, even on a dour grey evening, the ‘Centre of the universe’ looks especial.    Unfortunately (for me) the tide was ‘full in’ so there was, only  a narrow strip of  Royal sand to walk on,  some of which is now in Ivy .... because I forgot to brush if off my shoes.
One of the things I found out ‘today’  was ....  although ‘today’ (as in this very ‘day’) has been uneventful, for me anyway,  the worst day ever for ‘nothing’ happening was the 11th April 1954!    Apparently there was only one ‘important’ person born that day ... a Turkish academic, Abdullah Atalar (a Professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering)!    So much for all the other folks that were born on that date, all over the
Elie Bay tonight
planet!    Anyway “Happy 62nd Birthday” to everyone born on that date... aye, including “Abdullah”!
Jings .... I was on Skype to ‘M’ a wee while ago, when she started to look alarmed .... I wondered what was happening;   it was an earthquake, 5.2 on the Ricter Scale, the epicentre of which was on the other side of the mountain range immediately to the East of Otaki..... about 25 miles away I should imagine.   It’s strange watching someone sitting through an earthquake ... quite frightening actually.   ‘M’ was mostly worried about her mug o’ tea spilling over!

Photographs : Top – Elie this morning, Middle –Earlsferry this morning, and, Bottom – Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....