Elie Scarecrow weekend, Day 1 ......

30th April 2016 (Saturday) ....09.00      We have a cracker o’ a mornin’, after a early morning frost;    wall to wall blue sky, with hardly any wind.... a perfect morning/day (hopefully) for browsing the “Elie Scarecrows’.     I am going out with
John and Linda
Jim and “SD” for bit of walking exercise:  I’ll start ‘ticking orf ’ the ‘Scarecrows’ after lunch. 
21.30     There’s one thing you can definitely say aboot Scotland’s weather;  it can surprise!     Today has been beautiful... and yesterday morning we woke up to snow on Largo Law etc.    This turned out to be a perfect day to saunter around the villages, map in hand, admiring the Elie Scarecrows ..... and plenty folk did just that;   the villages were choc-a-bloc, with ‘Scarecrow aficionados’;    “aficionados”.. hey that’s a big word, where did that come from?   I was lucky enough to ‘near enough’ bump into Linda and John, who had walked over from, Shell Bay... now Elie Caravan Park.  I w
The Cat and Hat
ent out in the afternoon, probably the busiest time, and found it just too busy for me;  I had hoped to ‘bump’ into John and Linda again but there were just so many folks around I never did see them:  however the lure of my “Hutte Finest” will bring them back I’m sure.    I only ‘got’ half the scarecrows today... and the weather forecast for tomorrow is not “iggzactly” the best;   it’s supposed to be wet in the morning!
I managed to find time to go down to the harbour when I was ‘out’ and got some beautiful ‘cloud’ photos.    That probably explains why I only managed to get half the scarecrows photographed.     I waited out on the pier to see if Jimmy would turn up at the Sailing Club, but I’d for Ivy, and a well deserved cuppa, by the time he did turn up at the ‘Club’.     I don’t know how we missed each other.    Right enough the villages were busy, with folks on foot, and in vehicles.    I was on my bike, which, as I found out, was a fairly nerve stressing way to travel today!
First thing this morning Jim and I took “SD” up to North Lodge, Balcarres, for his
Maw Broon
morning walk;   yesterday Balcarres was covered in snow, this morning that had gone, and, though the Den Burn was more like a river than a burn, in places, the roads were more or less dry.   We met Myra in the Harbour House Coffee shop when we got back to Elie, for a well earned cuppa.    Even at that time in the morning Harbour House was busy.
What is my ‘plan’ for tomorrow morning?     Well, I suppose it all depends on what the weather is doing in the morning....if it’s cloudy and dry, I’ll go out on the bike and get the remainder of the scarecrows:  if it’s raining I’ll eat nuts and hibernate!

Photographs : Top – John and Linda, (silly me I had the sun immediately behind me ... and therefore in Linda’s eyes), Next – “The Cat and Hat”,  Bottom – “Maw Broon”.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....