5th April 2016 (Tuesday) ... 09.30     Although the sun has yet to break through the clouds it is a bright enough morning, after what was a wet 24+  hours.    The beach was fairly busy with dog walkers, joggers, (of all ages) and folk, like me,
This morning,... Earlsferry.
out enjoying a brightening sky, even though it is still raining ... albeit lightly.    The sun should break through the ‘dullness’ by lunch time.
Jimmy and I are going to Leven .... Jimmy wants a haircut, some ‘shopping’ and a latte in Sainsbury’s;   and, I’m sure that I will find something that I ‘need’.... well, no’ so much ‘need’ as ‘want’!
23.00      Our shopping session in Leven was just what Jimmy and I needed after waking up to another dour looking morning.    Jimmy got everything he was looking for, and I bought a small selection of items:   for instance I got my toothpaste for £1.99(£3.49 in Superdrug etc.)... and a Family sized box of Persil Non Bio for £6.99 (£14.99 in Sainsbury’s the last time I checked the price).    To celebrate ‘mission accomplished’ we went and had a latte (and a ‘goodie’) in Sainsbury’s .    By the time we got back to The Ferry it was lunch time.
I  did intend getting get the bike out after lunch, but, though the sun was making irregular appearances, when I did go for the bike it was beginning to rain.    I decided to bake scones for this evening:   Jim and Jimmy were coming to Ivy for our weekly natter.    Jimmy’s timing was impeccable;  the first batch o’ scones was almost ready
Elie Bay this afternoon
when he turned up for an ‘afternoon’ cuppa, after having been for his walk.    We had ‘tea and scones, with raspberry jam;   unfortunately I didn’t have cream or we would have had the ‘full English Cream Tea’.
I’d noticed some bonnie clouds building throughout the afternoon, so, when Jimmy went orf home I went down to the beach ... arriving there at the same time as a heavy ‘April Shower’.    But ... oh my word.. I got some bonnie ‘April shower’ photographs;   and didn’t even notice the ‘getting wet’ bit.    Most of the time my back was to the rain;   to protect the camera, and, there was a partial rainbow over the harbour so I concentrated on that.
April shower over Earlsferry
    I came off the beach a damp but happy ‘boy’.... and I did manage to grab one, ‘looking into the rain’ photo;   which turned out to be very “April Shower”!

Photographs : Top – ‘this morning’ from the Cockstail Rocks, Middle – ‘April shower rainbow, and Bottom -  an April shower over Earlsferry....(the Royal Burgh of).

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....