Cold, bright day ....

22nd April 2016 (Friday) .... 09.00     Oh my word  .... bring back the warm hot days .... it’s freezin’ this mornin’.    Although it is mostly a ‘bright and sunny
Beachfront houses Earlsferry
morning’, there is a, very brisk, cold North wind, which is driving loads of fluffy clouds over, blotting out the sun at regular intervals ;   the temperature in Ivy garden will be considerably lower than it has been for the past few days.    However the Hutte heats up quickly ....!    I had intended getting the bike out, but I’ll leave that until the afternoon in the hope that the wind drops.   
21.30     The bike never left the shed today... it was a bit too windy and cold for me.      Jim and Myra were going to Leven this morning, so I ended up going along for a wee bit of shopping and a coffee in Sainsbury’s Cafe.    It made for a pleasant morning;   it’s more pleasurable going shopping with somebody, than doing it on your own;   having said that, I usually end up chatting to someone when I’m in the shops.
Earlsferry beach
Jimmy came along in the afternoon;   his i-pad has partially disabled itself, because it needs the correct pass word to ‘open’.    Hopefully Jimmy’s Ian will have the correct password;     Jimmy is along at Gill and Ian’s tonight for his dinner.   It’s a tricky problem, but it’s what i-pads do if the wrong password is used .... a security thing if has been stolen.
Later in the afternoon I went down to the beach, but it was spitting rain so I didn’t stay down there long..... and it was cold.    The temperature is forecast to drop even further tomorrow... a step back into winter for some, though we will miss the snow that’s forecast for higher ground.     The boats are ‘craned in’ tomorrow  so the harbour will be busy;   Jimmy and I will sit in the ‘Clubhouse’ watching it all
Elie
happen in comfort;  apart from the odd sortie ‘out’ to get some pictures!    I wonder if John and Linda will be over from Cumbernauld?  
 I’ll get the bike out tomorrow;  to bike down to the harbour if nothing else, though I’d like to go for a longer run early in the morning.    That all depends on how strong the wind is: I still worry about falling orf the bike and knocking the hip out!

Photographs : Top – Beachfront houses in Earlsferry, Middle – Earlsferry beach, and Bottom – Elie beach.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....