Spring like morning ....


20th February 2019 (Wednesday) .... 08.30    We have another lovely,
'Duddleswell Tea Rooms' - Ashdown Forest.
early Spring like morning;   with a ‘wall to wall’ blue sky ....and there’s only a light breeze so it could be warm later.   I’m going ‘downtown’ to the shops .... including the Luxford Cafe.   The Fife Weather cams show me a cloudier, and windier Fife  .... with the chance of showers.



17.30     It’s been a lovely day.... but considerably cooler than of late:  it should be really warm again by the weekend.    I went ‘downtown’ in the morning, and bought  all the  bits and pieces that I needed .... including a cuppa and a cheese scone in the Luxford Centre.

A peaceful corner of Ashdown Forest.
In the afternoon ‘JB’ and I went for a short walk in Ashdown Forest .... from the Duddleswell Tea Rooms car park.    I remember the first time we visited this tea room .... it would be in 2006;   for two main reasons.    Emily had not long passed her driving test and took Maggie , ‘JB’ and me out for a run in her car, stopping at Duddleswell for tea and scones.    The other reason?    They only had fruit scones .... so ‘JB’ picked all the currants and raisins out of his scone, .... because  he preferred plain scones!    The Tea Room is ‘Closed’ at this time of year.

Jenny is picking ‘JB’ and I up at 18.45;   we’re going to ‘The Highlands’  (an Hotel on the southern edge of Uckfield) for dinner.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....