Early sunshine ....


11th February 2019 (Monday) .... 09.00    We have a “mostly sunny spells,
St Margaret's Church, Buxted.
Sussex” this morning;    the clouds, occasionally hiding the sun, spoil what could be a bonnie Spring day.   In fact the Northern sky has clouded over quite heavily in the last 20 minutes,,,, I don’t think rain was mentioned in the weather forecast.     There had been a light frost because I saw the man next door scraping his car windscreen.  
I don’t have a ‘plan’ for today, though I shall go out for a walk ‘round the block’ mat some point.    Apparently it can take up to six weeks to shake of cough that I now have:   I can’t wait six weeks and hope to be rid of it by the  end of this week.

St Margaret window in the Church porch.

21.00    John and I went out in the morning (in the car) to have a walk round St Margaret's Church on Buxted Estate;  it was too muddy to venture onto the actual Park.    With the soil around here being clay the paths take a few days to dry out.    Anyway we were reading the Church Notice board when a really lovely thing happened.    A small boy, he must have been About two year old came down the path with his mother (I assume it was his mother), and as he walked past he said “Hello old man”; ..... I replied “Hello” but he wasn’t for stopping, and continued  bumbling on his merry way.   The adults were laughing by this time ....and the wee fella?... well he was on a mission.   I pondered ....might he have been have been greeting “JB”?

Myra has just phoned to tell me that Jim has been in the ‘Vic’ for the past week:  but the good news is that he, Jim, is getting over whatever it was that caused the problem.    And I worry about having a cold!    Get well soon Jim.... Spring is just ‘roond the corner’ and Harbour House is ‘Open’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....