Sad news from Oregon.....


1st February 2019 (Friday) ....  09.30    We have a grey and ‘wet look’
22.30 last night .... from my bedroom window.
morning;  the pristine white snow that I saw when I looked out at 02.00, had started to melt and turn to mush by the time I extricated myself from bed at 07.00.     It is not a day for this ‘Boy’ going out:   I have a touch of a Sussex cold anyway, and staying in is the best ‘plan’.    I imagine that Michael would meet up with some deeper snow on his way to work this morning, especially at the higher places such as Crowborough.


12.00     I have some sad news:  Sydney (Scott)... our Oregon ‘Ferry Man’ passed away peacefully, at 04.30 on the 28th of January.... just a few weeks short of his 93rd birthday..    Sydney and ‘Jems’ (Jimmy) were schoolboy pals:   they got up to some  hair raising escapades together around ‘The Ferry’ .... and Elie .... and the East Neuk of Fife.... and probably beyond!       I think that Sydney was the last of that generation of ‘Ferry Boys’.      Sydney’s website,   “My Scottish Heritage”, with reminisces from a long and interesting life, including Earlsferry (the ‘Royal Burgh’), will give you many hours of  fascinating reading.     My thought’s are with the ‘Reekie Family’... both in the USA and Scotland, at this time.    I suspect that Sydney would not want us to be sad, but I know that we will all feel sad at his passing:   but what a life we have to celebrate!    “Goodbye Auld Pal ... you will be missed by us all!”    Now that Jimmy and Sydney have been re-united, I’m sure that Heaven will be considerably livelier.

17.00    It is extremely cold in Uckfield.... that raw damp cold that gets into the very marrow of the bones.    I know this because 'JB' and I went downtown (in the car} to buy cold fighting necessities.... Sussex fudge doughnuts etc,

20.00      It has been a poor day for weather in the Southeast.... but not as bad as it was forecast to be.   The snow has disappeared from Uckfield, and frost is forecast for tonight.;   and cold and bright tomorrow.   I’m going to bed early to watch the rugby .... and to fight off this cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....