"JB" birthday .....


24th  February 2019 (Sunday) ....    10.00    I could see folk ending up
The 'new' Cafe.
with a touch of sunburn  now the ‘sunny Sussex’ is living up to its name;   yes .... we have another cracker of a morning... and there’s less mist about so it will be warm ... no... hot by lunch time.    It is foggier up in Fife just now, though that should clear soon.     I’m going out for a walk after this update..... , round by the former Council Housing estate, then up to Church Road, onto the High Street and the ‘ new Cafe’ for coffee. 


King George V  letter box.

19.30      We’ve had another lovely Spring like day;  yet once again the temperature in the garden would have been around 18c.    I took advantage of the sunshine and sat out in the garden for an hour in the afternoon.... result?.... sunburnt nose!       I have been doing a lot more walking now that I’m feeling better;   I want to be reasonably fit for  ‘Em’ and John’s wedding next Saturday:  having said that am I sleeping like a log so the exercise must be doing something.    It will be the Uckfield braes that tire me out!

I had a good walk this morning;  through the former Council Estate.    The former Council houses are solid looking buildings compared to the more modern housing estates.    Of course very few of them (the council houses) will be actual ‘social’ council houses now.    I must have walked two and a half kilometres at least, and I was well ready for a No2 breakfast in the new cafe.    There’s a big menu.... and a choice of five different sizes of breakfast;  one of which is a chose your own mix of ingredients!

It’d forecast to be around freezing point tomorrow morning.... and we’ve to have
Great War Memorial seat (Uckfield).
another warm day once the sun gets going.    I think might be out in the garden again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....