Dreich Sussex ....


8th February 2019 (Friday) ....  09.00   We have a ‘wet, windy and cold’ Sussex;  definitely not a morning for ‘going out’.    Funny thing I have noticed;   Sussex does dreich even dreicher than  Bonnie Scotland, .... and 'we' invented it!    Having browsed the weather cams, I see that the weather in Fife is much the same as down here - wet and windy.
‘JB’ and I had intended going to Buxted Park, but that is not viable in this weather.    In fact the paths will be muddy (clay soil) for the next couple of days.   I might ask ‘JB’ to take me down to Boots (Chemist) so that I can buy a cough mixture;   last night I had some bouts of coughing, and lost a lot of sleep

17.30     We did go out (“JB” and me):  we went downtown (in the car) to have a lite lunch in  the Luxford Centre .... and to the Pharmacy in Tesco’s where I bought cough mixture .... and cough sweets.    I wanted ‘Night Nurse’ but I can’t take that because it raises blood pressure.    Anyway, what I really set out to tell you is that we have had a very wild Sussex all day;  though it did look slightly brighter when went out.    Since then the weather has deteriorated and now it’s blawin’ a hoolie’... and rain with it.    The squirrels tree is being blasted with some wild squalls ;  the squirrels will  be tucked away in a cosy corner of the ivy that covers the limbs of their tree.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....